Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • Div

      Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

      We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Sign in to follow this  
belae1k

Will my spanish coat of arms tattoo be a problem in Barcelona?

Recommended Posts

Hello,

 

When I was 19 I got a spanish coat of arms tattoo on my upper back which is clearly visible when I have my shirt off. When I got the tattoo, I had no idea about any of the politcal problems between Catalonia and Spain. I got the tattoo because I have family in Spain and love the culture. Anyways, I plan on moving to Barcelona and am wondering if this may be an issue. I plan on keeping my shirt on most of the time but am worried about being assaulted if I am shirtless (If I am at the beach or something). Do any of you Catalans think this would be a problem?

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, belae1k said:

Hello,

 

When I was 19 I got a spanish coat of arms tattoo on my upper back which is clearly visible when I have my shirt off. When I got the tattoo, I had no idea about any of the politcal problems between Catalonia and Spain. I got the tattoo because I have family in Spain and love the culture. Anyways, I plan on moving to Barcelona and am wondering if this may be an issue. I plan on keeping my shirt on most of the time but am worried about being assaulted if I am shirtless (If I am at the beach or something). Do any of you Catalans think this would be a problem?

 

Thanks!

I reckon your Spanish family might have a better idea than a bunch of Scottish football fans.

 

Edited by The Moonster
fucked it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It'll definitely be a problem in some onsens here in Japan. Hope this is of some use to you. xx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can confirm you'd be ok with a confederate flag tattooed on your neck here, m8.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be unislamic and  "not commendable" here, if that helps.  Probably best to just cut the offending part of the body off.

 

Might be a bit tricky in your case, though

Edited by Helpma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm I don't blame you guys for your responses... I totally understand... Really wish I would have gave the tattoo more thought. I was young and eager to get a tattoo.  I do still plan on moving to Barcelona though. Looks like I'll just have to keep a t-shirt on all the time or look into ways of covering up the tattoo. Thanks for the honest feedback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, belae1k said:

Hmmm I don't blame you guys for your responses... I totally understand... Really wish I would have gave the tattoo more thought. I was young and eager to get a tattoo.  I do still plan on moving to Barcelona though. Looks like I'll just have to keep a t-shirt on all the time or look into ways of covering up the tattoo. Thanks for the honest feedback.

You should ignore all the stupid and negative remarks.  

 

 

 

Get a Catalan flag tattooed on your forehead to balance things up.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, belae1k said:

Hmmm I don't blame you guys for your responses... I totally understand... Really wish I would have gave the tattoo more thought. I was young and eager to get a tattoo.  I do still plan on moving to Barcelona though. Looks like I'll just have to keep a t-shirt on all the time or look into ways of covering up the tattoo. Thanks for the honest feedback.

Why did you put the links to the Tripadvisor pages for Catalonia, Barcelona and Spain? Did you think we might not have heard of them or do you get paid for the clicks?

P.S. Start going to Espanyol games, your tattoo will go down very well.

Edited by welshbairn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I reckon your Spanish family might have a better idea than a bunch of Scottish football fans.

 

Keep in mind that a member of this family got the tattoo in the first place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Work out real hard and learn karate.  

I know jiu jitsu, muy thai is where I’m headed next8)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Why did you put the links to the Tripadvisor pages for Catalonia, Barcelona and Spain? Did you think we might not have heard of them or do you get paid for the clicks?

P.S. Start going to Espanyol games, your tattoo will go down very well.

Is this sarcasm? I would like to go to español games

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, belae1k said:

I know jiu jitsu, muy thai is where I’m headed next8)

I would head there as well but I've ran out of rum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the early 90's whilst just a daft laddy I was in Pamplona for the bull run.

A friend (who should have known better) and I,  wandered into a large Basque demonstration.

Daft mate was wearing an "I love Spain" t-shirt. Narrowly escaped a lynching. Quick of foot in those days.

Good pair of running shoes and I reckon you will be fine OP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

In the early 90's whilst just a daft laddy I was in Pamplona for the bull run.

A friend (who should have known better) and I,  wandered into a large Basque demonstration.

Daft mate was wearing an "I love Spain" t-shirt. Narrowly escaped a lynching. Quick of foot in those days.

Good pair of running shoes and I reckon you will be fine OP.

Thanks for your insight!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyway m8, which one of the oft banned unionists who can't accept that some folk on a Scottish football website may have a different opinion from yours are you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×