Alcohol and Football

Justboy96

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I’m glad that I can watch a whole football game without wanting/needing to consume alcohol.

And I’m a season ticket holder at Tannadice.  :(

But you post here after drinking Buckie and absinthe cocktails. :lol:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

But you post here after drinking Buckie and absinthe cocktails. :lol:

As a matter of interest to you post pish in every thread in every forum or just in the ones that I’m unfortunate enough to notice?

5 hours ago, The OP said:

Come to think of it I also went to uni with a Blackburn supporter who complained that people spend a whole game in the bowels of the stadium drinking their shite beers. 

When I was at Sparta Prague they essentially have a beer garden and there were guys just sitting eating food and drinking pints while the game was on.  One guy was at one and was still at the same bit when we were leaving.  

4 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I’m glad that I can watch a whole football game without wanting/needing to consume alcohol.

And I’m a season ticket holder at Tannadice.  :(

Do you drink enough before the game to ensure you don't need to watch that whilst sober?

My other team Perth Glory allows alcohol in the stadium. Light beer for the plebs and full strength at the members bar, which you can take to your seat if you don't fancy watching the game in the members bar.

Edit: it's probably the same throughout Australia.

14 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Dingwall is hardly a hotbed of hooliganism. Couldn't he and his friends explained the circumstances and given up the flask? 

From what I can make out, I think the old bill thought he was taking the piss when he said the reason he was unaware of the law was because he'd been living in a tin hut in Swaziland for the past 40 years.

17 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

They play in a Scottish league and the club seem to be governed by Scottish Law in this term of reference.

What is Scottish Law on this issue though?  You can get into Peterhead's social club at half time for a pint, why wouldn't Berwick be able to offer the same?

18 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Wondered how long it would take for the single worst argument on the history of the earth to come out.  I could go the rest of my life without drinking alcohol, eating crisps or even watching football, but that doesn't mean I want to or should have to.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Wondered how long it would take for the single worst argument on the history of the earth to come out.  I could go the rest of my life without drinking alcohol, eating crisps or even watching football, but that doesn't mean I want to or should have to.

You are obviously incapable of reading, or interpreting.  I'm not sure which.*

* and don't care.  :)

18 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I'm glad that I can read a whole thread without wanting/needing to post a terrible argument.

13 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

I find five or six pints before is the optimal, drunk yet still able to watch the match ratio with still enough in your system to top up after the game.

Three pints and a large whisky just before leaving the pub is my optimum.

14 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

As a matter of interest to you post pish in every thread in every forum or just in the ones that I’m unfortunate enough to notice?

I just highlight your boring and idiotic crap on every thread.  You are a  typical sociopathic nutter who loves to dish it out but can't take it.  

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

What is Scottish Law on this issue though?  You can get into Peterhead's social club at half time for a pint, why wouldn't Berwick be able to offer the same?

They can. In Scottish Law you can't drink travelling to oe from a game ie on a supporters bus. 

You can only drink in designated areas in grounds ie not in or around the stands. If hospitality suites overlook the pitch dri k can only be served before and after the game.

5 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

I just highlight your boring and idiotic crap on every thread.  You are a  typical sociopathic nutter who loves to dish it out but can't take it.  

I like to think of myself as an atypical sociopathic nutter but maybe that’s just hubris.

I would add that I have never found your posts exciting or informative. :)

Archived