One that sticks out to me is Partick Thistle, almost twice as much as Motherwell with probably a smaller average attendance.

Alternatively some of the biggest police presence at matches that I've seen in recent times have been Motherwell's away matches at NDP and yet Hamilton have a pretty small bill.

Do Police Scotland have a standard charge across all areas or does it vary by region / county / council area etc ?

5 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

One that sticks out to me is Partick Thistle, almost twice as much as Motherwell with probably a smaller average attendance.

Alternatively some of the biggest police presence at matches that I've seen in recent times have been Motherwell's away matches at NDP and yet Hamilton have a pretty small bill.

Probably because they only pay for 2 stands worth of policing.

Is there any hard and fast rule as to policing numbers?

Clearly a people carrier full of PCSO's wouldn't be sent to look after a cheeks derby, but who decides how much and how many.

Do figures include officers who may be posted away from the immediate vicinity of a stadium.

Wasn't unusual to see a Police  presence from the west end onward (if you were coming from that direction) when the uglies were in town.

Guest Flash
On 08/07/2018 at 14:14, WATTOO said:

Do Police Scotland have a standard charge across all areas or does it vary by region / county / council area etc ?

According to Skyline Drifter on the QoS thread, the charges are set nationally but the numbers are set locally by the police themselves. Apart from the odd game where we have none, we usually have between 4 and 8 watching our games, I mean, keeping an eye on the volatile 1,200 -1,500 fans at Palmerston. Many more than that when we play a “big” team. 

21 hours ago, Fony Titz said:
On 04/07/2018 at 08:09, DA Baracus said:
Surely they'd just use local officers?

How many local police do you think a village like Dingwall has?

12?

1 hour ago, Fony Titz said:
2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:
12?

I would think that is pretty high but even going with that would that be enough to police hoards of Rangers of Celtic fans who have been on a bus bevying all day?

I imagine not, but luckily Dingwall isn't a region 

Archived