The Mighty Livi

19 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

:rolleyes:

Only said he was doing his A license and had coached under 20's at Rangers, as opposed to 'he has no coaching qualifications and no coaching experience'

Completed his licence btw, has the qualifications.

1 hour ago, Big Biddels said:

Nah I think the man with the tan will do us a turn he knows the game an has plenty of contacts...apparently looking at getting Halliday in along with a few others

Who ever told you we are going to be in for Halliday is talking rubbish to you I’m afraid 

23 minutes ago, LiviGaz said:

Completed his licence btw, has the qualifications.

Yet neither of us can find confirmation of that?

Either way, it's not a big deal, we both agree he has limited coaching experience and no managerial experience. That obviously doesn't automatically discount him from being a success. I'd say the situation and his limited resources will do that. You can have all the contacts in the world but if you can't afford to pay the wages players won't come.

Personally I'd have thought the way you played last season was your best hope of survival in this league, remove Hopkin and a few other players, and bring in a new untried manager and I think you've lost that advantage. I do not see Miller as employing a pragmatic agricultural style which, imo, was your best bet.

7 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

Yet neither of us can find confirmation of that?

Either way, it's not a big deal, we both agree he has limited coaching experience and no managerial experience. That obviously doesn't automatically discount him from being a success. I'd say the situation and his limited resources will do that. You can have all the contacts in the world but if you can't afford to pay the wages players won't come.

Personally I'd have thought the way you played last season was your best hope of survival in this league, remove Hopkin and a few other players, and bring in a new untried manager and I think you've lost that advantage. I do not see Miller as employing a pragmatic agricultural style which, imo, was your best bet.

Tam McManus(ex Hibs) confirmed he has his qualifications.

Livingston haven't lost anyone of note that will affect their style, agree that if Miller changes too much then it will affect things that made us successful last season, but will that style will be good for the top division ?

Livingston play decent football, Agricultural ffs ! Direct and Combative, this is my take on it.

14 minutes ago, LiviGaz said:

Tam McManus(ex Hibs) confirmed he has his qualifications

Yet for the third time of asking, we are left relying on guesswork and second hand information.

Listen... it really doesn't matter at the end of the day, the "I don't think he has but you do" argument will be meaningless when we are balls deep into the season.

14 minutes ago, LiviGaz said:

Livingston play decent football, Agricultural ffs ! Direct and Combative, this is my take on it.

That might work on someone who wasn't following the Championship last season, you also chose to only quote half of the comment and taken it as an insult. It's the reason you are in this league (well that combined with United being a clown show) so don't be so quick as to dismiss what was a successful strategy.

It's also the strategy that I believe, if you had kept Hopkin, could have landed you 7th or 8th this season.

8 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Should it be easy to find complete lists of coaches that have completed their licenses? Seems a bit of a strange line that Buddist Monk is taking.

Heh, yeah, sure.. it's totally strange to discuss a managers coaching ability. Silly me, right? ;)

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

..for the obvious reason that it's nobody else's fucking business.

In general you are right, yet that's not how it works in real life though.

It's only going to benefit you if everyone knows you have this or that qualifications, or are you so confident you send in CVs with just your name at the top?

Andy Halliday. :lol:

Scott Pittman could turn the wee twat inside out with his eyes shut. The main downside of having Miller as manager now means the OF-centric media focus will produce total drivel like that on the back pages.

10 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Imagine thinking St Mirren won't be fighting off relegation and will finish above us :D 

Imagine making stuff up for comedic effect.. :D

However, as you brought up the subject I'd say you are half right in your assumption. ;)

Just now, Buddist Monk said:

Imagine making stuff up for comedic effect.. :D

However, as you brought up the subject I'd say you are half right in your assumption. ;)

Looking forward to our third place finish and Saint's fourth then ;) 

18 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

In general you are right, yet that's not how it works in real life though.

It's only going to benefit you if everyone knows you have this or that qualifications, or are you so confident you send in CVs with just your name at the top?

I tend to only send my CV to potential employers or people that I want to do some sort of work with, I don't make it publicly available to random online punters.  I'm sure Livingston FC know whether or not Miller has the relevant license, but that doesn't mean that it needs to be shared with us.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I tend to only send my CV to potential employers or people that I want to do some sort of work with, I don't make it publicly available to random online punters.  I'm sure Livingston FC know whether or not Miller has the relevant license, but that doesn't mean that it needs to be shared with us.

I think we're getting off topic here in regard to your CV, I shouldn't have mentioned it.

In general it's not relevant whether Miller has or hasn't got his badges.... unless the topic of discussion is whether Miller has or hasn't got his badges, which it is.

It's been mentioned (or at the least implied) by several that he hasn't actually completed them (for example today's Scotsman). If he has you'd expect several sources to confirm that.

I think our pressing style of play will suit us in this division as it did in the Championship, teams wont like it, they expect time on the ball at this level and they wont get it against us. We may get outplayed easily enough when going in fast and hard but I don't think that will happen against too many teams. We managed to play pretty well against Hibs in the cup playing like that and only narrowly lost to a late penalty. 

Looking forward to the season anyway, I think we'll stay up, and maybe just surprise everyone like we did last season.

End of the day, the SFA coaching certification system is a money making scheme that does nothing but make money for the SFA and provides Uefa accreditation for people too lazy or shite to go through a proper system. 

End of the day, all that matters is what he puts out on the park and the results that follows. 

With diesel the drummer back this year and the livi roar I can see us achieving something special, cmon you lions 

We have achieved lots of special things over the past decade or so, its just a shame that so many Super Fans like Diesel chose to miss them by staying away all this time...

Archived