What is the point of Labour ?

pawpar

‘I USED to support independence, but now Labour has committed to holding a consultation on updating the Scottish Government’s capital borrowing ceiling, I’ve changed my mind.”

It doesn’t exactly ring true, does it? Let’s take another shot: “I voted Yes, but now that Leeds is getting a directly elected ­mayor, I’m having second thoughts.” Nope.

A third go: “The big thing that made a ­difference for me was the idea that ­Holyrood should be consulted by the UK Government in relation to the minimum wage. That’s a game-changer.” Nope, nope, nope.

magic-beans1-260nw-136946420.jpg

2 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

‘I USED to support independence, but now Labour has committed to holding a consultation on updating the Scottish Government’s capital borrowing ceiling, I’ve changed my mind.”

It doesn’t exactly ring true, does it? Let’s take another shot: “I voted Yes, but now that Leeds is getting a directly elected ­mayor, I’m having second thoughts.” Nope.

A third go: “The big thing that made a ­difference for me was the idea that ­Holyrood should be consulted by the UK Government in relation to the minimum wage. That’s a game-changer.” Nope, nope, nope.

magic-beans1-260nw-136946420.jpg

Nothing ever changes.

41394AD1-4424-4704-8D90-15FC2200F28E.jpeg

9 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

At least this explains why all the press coverage of this edited out the question. 

Which would you prefer Keith?

We've been over this before.

If Starmer publicly says he would do a deal with the SNP, then he's basically writing the Tory election campaign for them. They won elections in the 2010 based on the "fear" of the SNP being allowed near government. So in public he says no.

Just like the Tories say no in public but have dealt with both the Lib Dems and the DUP.

6 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

We've been over this before.

If Starmer publicly says he would do a deal with the SNP, then he's basically writing the Tory election campaign for them. They won elections in the 2010 based on the "fear" of the SNP being allowed near government. So in public he says no.

Just like the Tories say no in public but have dealt with both the Lib Dems and the DUP.

Of course it's just that he'll struggle to find a tattoo artist with the skill to fit all of his broken promises in on his forehead. 

17 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Wee Dougie Alexander trying to become a Westminster candidate again in a. Scottish seat.  If he stands hopefully he will get his arse handed to him.

The west of Scotland Labour mafia is nothing if not loyal to its own. Will wee Magrit be making a comeback?

19 minutes ago, Antlion said:

The west of Scotland Labour mafia is nothing if not loyal to its own. Will wee Magrit be making a comeback?

He's standing against Kenny Macaskill apparently, glad I'm not voting in East Lothian. 

Edited by welshbairn

21 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

He's standing against Kenny Macaskill apparently, glad I'm not voting in East Lothian. 

Whoever stands for Labour will be hoping Macaskill (if he stands) splits the pro Indy vote.

Whatever happens Macaskill will be history after the next GE.

Just clocked Gordy Broon lauding a Xmas food bank/Christmas packages scheme for people struggling with poverty on the news there. 

It might seems a little vitriolic and unkind but that old goat can take a running f**k to himself. Clapwanking Amazon giving alms to poor and the odd benevolent mince pie to people in poverty as a direct consequence of the lies he told. c**t.