What is the point of Labour ?

pawpar

I think the question in thread title has been answered comprehensively.

None, no point whatsoever, they are a fucking sham & if you’re inclined to vote Labour at the moment, just go the full hog & vote Tory.

I’m getting close to the point where they are approaching hatred levels I have for conservatives. 

1 hour ago, Brother Blades said:

None, no point whatsoever, they are a fucking sham & if you’re inclined to vote Labour at the moment, just go the full hog & vote Tory.

I’m getting close to the point where they are approaching hatred levels I have for conservatives. 

The Labour and Conservative parties are the Old Firm of UK(RIP) politics. Two sides of the same coin. 

I see Sam Tarry doing his reselection bid for his seat no harm at all. Joining Corbyn today on the picket line and attacking Starmer on TV.

Attaboy, you fucking muppet. 

Nobody can ever remember a word he said about the Tories, but he got his dim, uncomprehending face on the TV harming Labour's chances. 

2 hours ago, Brother Blades said:

They decided some time ago that their only way into power is to be surrogate Tories and wait for the real thing to become so disgustingly entitled and grotesque that even Conservative voters struggle to vote for them.

I agree with scottsdad to an extent, in that they may well be slightly less right-wing in power than they appear to be in opposition, but they've set themselves up to be unacceptable to both their voter base and temporary Conservative voters, both of which will find them unappealing for different reasons. Acting as a placeholder for the Conservatives while they sort themselves out serves nobody but the seat warmers in the cabinet office.

3 hours ago, scottsdad said:

I see Sam Tarry doing his reselection bid for his seat no harm at all. Joining Corbyn today on the picket line and attacking Starmer on TV.

Nobody can ever remember a word he said about the Tories, but he got his dim, uncomprehending face on the TV harming Labour's chances. 

Aye, it's him that's harming Labour's chances...

1 minute ago, doulikefish said:

Gordon Brown wants Keith to honour his pledge to abolish the house of Lords...if there was only some way he could have done it himself? 

I actually think abolition of the HoL would be very popular as would significant reform of the place.  If Johnson creates a whole bunch of new peers as is being suggested then that would offer a good reason for change.

13 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Gordon Brown wants Keith to honour his pledge to abolish the house of Lords...if there was only some way he could have done it himself? 

8 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I actually think abolition of the HoL would be very popular as would significant reform of the place.  If Johnson creates a whole bunch of new peers as is being suggested then that would offer a good reason for change.

Wonder if Ruth Davidson will keep her promise to support abolishing it

Spoiler

Probably not

Just while we're on the subject of the HoL; I think I saw what is surely the most idiotic piece of self-owning irony I have seen anywhere the other day, when I saw someone stating something to the effect that they wished the Tories would give JK Rowling a peerage because 'it would be nice to have someone who believes in equality'

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Has he not already been warned off trying?  I'm sure I read something to that effect recently.

5 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Who can forget Starmers firebrand speeches denouncing those attacking the Labour leader in 2019.

7 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Has he not already been warned off trying?  I'm sure I read something to that effect recently.

From what I know he has total control of this, the ‘warnings’ mean very little.  One of the crazy effects of him still being PM.

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Aye, it's him that's harming Labour's chances...

Yes he is. He could have resigned his position then joined the picket. Chose not to. Could have followed the party leaders instructions. Chose not to. Could have followed the party line supporting a negotiated settlement. Chose not to and went off script (whilst being the party's official transport spokesman) 

He chose the only action that would result in his sacking. Then was all over the press slagging his own party. 

Happy to damage Starmer and Labour just to save his own job. Happy for more tory government to save his job. This reelection means more to him than anything. 

But aye, Starmer is the baddie here. 

Edited by scottsdad

13 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Yes he is. He could have resigned his position then joined the picket. Chose not to. Could have followed the party leaders instructions. Chose not to. Could have followed the party line supporting a negotiated settlement. Chose not to and went off script (whilst being the party's official transport spokesman) 

He chose the only action that would result in his sacking. Then was all over the press slagging his own party. 

Happy to damage Starmer and Labour just to save his own job. Happy for more tory government to save his job. This reelection means more to him than anything. 

But aye, Starmer is the baddie here. 

I was an active member of the Labour Party for 20 years and had to listen to this shite ‘don’t rock the boat’ argument from people within and outwith the party.  It culminated in a Labour Prime Minister taking us into an illegal war.

Truth of the matter is that Starmer is absolutely shit scared of being attacked and villified by the right wing  press/media., which would undoubtedly happen if he ever set foot anywhere near any picket line, or even expressed support for anyone contemplating strike action.

Fortunately wee Lizzie, frae the West School, Paisley, will soon have everything resolved with her plans to make strikes illegal. She's really on the ball, why has no one else thought of this?

On 30/07/2022 at 21:00, Lofarl said:

https://twitter.com/RedRosa91940184/status/1553430995726106624?s=20&t=9lufPelnSjOPVFqxiTnrpw

I see that woman from Liverpool that told Starmer what she thought of him has been booted out.  What a small spiteful c**t of a man.

5 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Starmer found to have breached the ministerial code eight times can't wait for the calls for him to resign 🤣

Labour are truly the Frank Sinclair of political parties. 

Useless c***s.