What is the point of Labour ?

pawpar

4 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Fair fucks Labour have gone and done a good tweet. Was fully expecting Starmer to refuse to criticise people having a party at a stressful time for everyone but maybe hes getting the hang of it 

Must the Xmas intern on social media and hasn't got the memo yet 

29 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

How Starmer should be acting at PMQs.

200.gif

How he will perform at PMQs

doggo-cute.gif

This is his moment today at 12.

I fear he'll handle it about as competently as an England player at a penalty shoot out.

4 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

200.gif

doggo-cute.gif

Called it. If ever there was a day for Max Headroom to isolate again (even if spuriously) and let Rayner loose on Johnson, this was it. Instead we had another day of "let Blackford speak for the whole Nation", and the ghosts of NL past sliming their way onto the FB. I fucking despair.

Still I suppose Corbyn had a beard, so that's a bullet we dodged, eh?

Starmer is in a different position to Blackford, though. Blackford is the leader of the third party in the HoC and the main narrative at Westminster will always be Tory v Labour, so it makes more sense for him to go hard and for headlines when he can. I don't think Starmer gains much from changing the headlines from what they currently are, which are (or should be) devastating for the Tories, to 'Opposition leader says PM should resign' (well, of course he does). 

1 minute ago, DrewDon said:

Starmer is in a different position to Blackford, though. Blackford is the leader of the third party in the HoC and the main narrative at Westminster will always be Tory v Labour, so it makes more sense for him to go hard and for headlines when he can. I don't think Starmer gains much from changing the headlines from what they currently are, which are (or should be) devastating for the Tories, to 'Opposition leader says PM should resign' (well, of course he does). 

Makes his look like a wet wipe that is incapable of leading a government 

It’s not just the Christmas Party here, the Tories have been taking the piss and openly corrupt for years now.

21 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

He didn't lay a glove on him. A mealy mouthed couple of sentences which Johnson ignored and waffled over about Vaccine progress. It was a frankly pathetic attempt. He even had a personal open goal regarding the investigations and bullshit about not looking in to things over a year old, having been the head of prosecution himself, and instead of getting Johnson to commit to criminal investigations and hang himself with his own "hard on crime" rope, he made a weak little quip and the moment passed completely.

Everything you need to know about Starmer was encapsulated by the fact that instead of hammering in to Johnson and the Tories repeatedly about the entire populace having been under restrictions and, in some case, being fined for the same acts that they've ignored and lied about - having implemented themselves - on multiple occasions, or people not being able to see loved ones on their death beds, he instead used the fucking Queen as his example. He's every bit as "elitist" in thinking as the Tories themselves, and he is absolutely not the right man to hold this Government to account. There have been literally hundreds of opportunities this year alone, and he's fumbled all of them. An empty suit if ever there was one.

6 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

200.gif

doggo-cute.gif

Bang on. He's useless and incredibly boring. Probably makes love to his wife once a week in missionary position. 

This was his opportunity to demand Johnson's resignation and instead he wittered on asking for an apology.

I'm no fan of blackford but he (again) was the real opposition today. 

4 minutes ago, GTG_03 said:

Bang on. He's useless and incredibly boring. Probably makes love to his wife once a week in missionary position. 

This was his opportunity to demand Johnson's resignation and instead he wittered on asking for an apology.

I'm no fan of blackford but he (again) was the real opposition today. 

Been there, done that, although not with his wife.

Why are so many on here not fans of Ian Blackford?

I would describe him as the most creditable, respected and effective party leader in the House.

1 hour ago, DrewDon said:

This is what the New Statesman podcast does to your brain

16 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I would describe him as the most creditable, respected and effective party leader in the House.

A low bar since Caroline Lucas stopped being Green Leader, but I quite agree - he is streets ahead, on all counts, of the "big two".

17 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

He inherited, for whatever reason, the “fat and arrogant” crown. The age of his wife is unknown.

* Also also, he does appear to have dubious nepotistical interests.

2 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

A low bar since Caroline Lucas stopped being Green Leader, but I quite agree - he is streets ahead, on all counts, of the "big two".

Lucas was crap as well. She looked at the most progressive Green New Deal on offer in the West and opted to prioritise Brexit instead.