What is the point of Labour ?

pawpar

Absolutely love that this is being spun as Corbyn being responsible for the impending bankruptcy of the Labour Party, when Starmer is the one who accepted liability without challenge and opened them up to this. Seen as some of the complainants are now going for Corbyn personally as well, it would be quite amusing if Corbyn was to win after Labour have paid out hundreds of thousands of pounds.

He's only a millionaire because of his property value. And as we see when he is continuously harrassed on his doorstep he has a modest home. I haven't contributed yet but the prospect of a man who was libelled constantly for five years being sued for libel disgusts me so I will be contributing.

I laughed at people who contributed to Salmond but Corbyn hasn't worked in finance or oil and used his Westminster wage to fund community projects. 

19 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

"It is always different when it is my guy doing it"

Eh, what they're fundraising for is also substantially different lol.

Spoiler

I will not be contributing

On 18/07/2020 at 18:20, AUFC90 said:

Still doesn't change the fact that nuclear explosions don't just happen by accident. People literally thinking an accident at Faslane could level Glasgow are havering.

Accidents? lets look at the two major incidents

The Chernobyl incident was caused by a reactor design fault and poorly trained personnel, so could that be an accident waiting to happen if obviously distinct commissioning procedures had not been followed or adapted and then the question arises about vetting of personnel.

And then there is the Three Mile Island Incident, which the American Authorities nuclear experts named as an 'accident with wider consequences', this was caused by failures in the secondary system followed by, (would you fuckin believe it), a stuck open relief valve in the primary system.

These were two major incidents in land based establishments, consider a nuclear propulsion system in a sea based environment moving around and exposed to possible collisions, one of which I mentioned earlier with the Stena Ferry.

There has been Nine nuclear submarine sunk so far, seven Russian and Two American, eight by accident and one was scuttled.  

But maybe I'm just havering?

51 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

If they're really setting out to bankrupt him personally I'll probably chuck him a tenner tbh. Their goal is obviously to fracture the left so comprehensively that a social democrat can never be in charge of Labour again.

Just setting out to comprehensively ruin an undoubtedly nice man's life for daring to try and make people's lives a little less shitty. The UK is diseased and needs to be wiped off the map.

A Scottish Party leader goes because of lacklustre performance and a feeling that he couldn't save the Union.

And it's not Dicky Leonard??!

I just wonder if Carlaw's going might have those in the Labour Branch Office wondering if they couldn't do with a change, if only because Leonard was voted in when Corbynmania was still a thing and that's a bit of a busted flush now.

The only thing is that the Tories tend to manage to get rid of leaders quickly and with little fuss. With Labour its usually more like the last act of Hamlet with bodies all over the shop.

A Scottish Party leader goes because of lacklustre performance and a feeling that he couldn't save the Union.
And it's not Dicky Leonard??!
I just wonder if Carlaw's going might have those in the Labour Branch Office wondering if they couldn't do with a change, if only because Leonard was voted in when Corbynmania was still a thing and that's a bit of a busted flush now.
The only thing is that the Tories tend to manage to get rid of leaders quickly and with little fuss. With Labour its usually more like the last act of Hamlet with bodies all over the shop.
Leonard received a kiss of death this morning with a glowing letter of support in The Herald from Maria Fyfe.

37 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Our auld pal Duncan has the answer.

https://labourhame.com/the-opportunities-of-failure/

'We need to build a broad coalition of the left, and we should do it without almost everyone on the left in Scotland'

This is golden...

We need to become a Starmer backing, EU positive, anti nat party. Vacillators over independence should be shown the door. Lexiteers should be ushered to the exit. Those more loyal to the remnants of Corbyn than the hope of Starmer should be jettisoned forthwith. It’s right that Scottish Labour should be a broad coalition of the left

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

This is golden...

It's remarkable that the biggest wet blankets on the soft left who spent years crying about phantom Stalinists are now simultaneously demanding purges across the board while pleading for a broad coalition. Just a spiteful collection of little piss weasels who are happier being in control an ever shrinking wreckage of a party than actually trying to improve people's lives.

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

It's remarkable that the biggest wet blankets on the soft left who spent years crying about phantom Stalinists are now simultaneously demanding purges across the board while pleading for a broad coalition. Just a spiteful collection of little piss weasels who are happier being in control an ever shrinking wreckage of a party than actually trying to improve people's lives.

Building a "broad coalition" by stamping your feet, crying and wishing everyone just starts agreeing with you on everything.

Very interested so see how that works out.

Just now, Gordon EF said:

Building a "broad coalition" by stamping your feet, crying and wishing everyone just starts agreeing with you on everything.

Very interested so see how that works out.

It's class that Scottish Labour have an even smaller vision than Sir Kier's vision down south to be the Jiminy Cricket to Boris's Pinocchio.

Our auld pal Duncan has the answer.
https://labourhame.com/the-opportunities-of-failure/
'We need to build a broad coalition of the left, and we should do it without almost everyone on the left in Scotland'
If Gerard Kaufman claimed that a Labour manifesto of yesteryear was 'the longest suicide note in history' then this mince from Hothershall must represent history's biggest unfulfillable orgasm.