pawpar

What is the point of Labour

22 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Off topic, but presumably Swinson will hang on even if she's the only Lib Dem left.

I think if she’s the only one left then she’ll stay on as leader.

More seriously, Swinson has such a high opinion of herself then she will need to be levered out of the role.

21 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Oh he will. Even his close mate John McDonnell has said he would have to resign if they lose the election. 

He won't fight another election but I don't think he will be standing down immediately even if there is a Tory majority. 

Edited by Detournement

Oh he will. Even his close mate John McDonnell has said he would have to resign if they lose the election. 

He has been a repeated failure and hasn’t resigned when many would have. I wouldn’t be surprised if he stays on, WHEN they lose the election.

He has been a repeated failure and hasn’t resigned when many would have. I wouldn’t be surprised if he stays on, WHEN they lose the election.
I don't think he's been a repeated failure.

2017 shocked a lot of people, and proved that he was much more popular than anyone in the media was predicting.

He's been attacked from quite a few different angles, including from within his own party.

He's not a great leader by any stretch but his party are offering radical change in Britain, and change that is needed.

Hopefully he's put in place enough people with his ideas to ensure the next leader doesn't just go back to blairite light blue.

4 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Repeated failure. Lol

He's on his third Tory leader, got a huge vote total in 2017 and has up until now blocked a Tory Brexit. He has also completely shifted the Overton window and proven the popularity of anti war politics. 

Shite opposition leaders are Kinnock, Hague, Howard, IDS and sadly Ed Milliband. 

Repeated failure. Lol
He's on his third Tory leader, got a huge vote total in 2017 and has up until now blocked a Tory Brexit. He has also completely shifted the Overton window and proven the popularity of anti war politics. 
Shite opposition leaders are Kinnock, Hague, Howard, IDS and sadly Ed Milliband. 

Too easy H_B

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

Repeated failure. Lol

He's about to lose his second election in a row to the worst Tory government of all time though isn't he?

On 22/11/2019 at 07:30, SweeperDee said:

Yeah, well, pretty face and all that...

You were looking at her face?

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

2017 shocked a lot of people, and proved that he was much more popular than anyone in the media was predicting.

May's campaign was built around her popularity and she immediately imploded as the "Maybot". It is widely regarded as one of the worst campaigns by a major party in UK wide elections. 

There was virtually no one else on the remain side to pick up votes, so he had nearly half the country in terms of Brexit. 

He also had fear of a Tory government that was widely disliked on  his side.

And he still lost, and here is another Cool-Aid drinker trying to paint it as a great and glorious victory for his personality. 

He has literally recorded the lowest approval rating of an opposition leader in the history of polling. There are other very significant issues around him and his clique that continue to plague him.

I do not think he has ever outpolled the Labour Party as a whole in other words its loyalty to Labour and fear of the Tories that keeps them from imploding, not magical grandpas super star personality. 

May's campaign was built around her popularity and she immediately imploded as the "Maybot". It is widely regarded as one of the worst campaigns by a major party in UK wide elections. 
There was virtually no one else on the remain side to pick up votes, so he had nearly half the country in terms of Brexit. 
He also had fear of a Tory government that was widely disliked on  his side.
And he still lost, and here is another Cool-Aid drinker trying to paint it as a great and glorious victory for his personality. 

He has literally recorded the lowest approval rating of an opposition leader in the history of polling. There are other very significant issues around him and his clique that continue to plague him.
I do not think he has ever outpolled the Labour Party as a whole in other words its loyalty to Labour and fear of the Tories that keeps them from imploding, not magical grandpas super star personality. 

If you think the post below shows me as a "cool aid drinker" for Corbyn then you're not half as smart as you think you are. Get a grip of yourself.

Corbyn is not a strong leader and there have been clear tactical errors but the sheer weight of opposition he has faced is massive, and you pay it no attention whatever.

That makes you an incredibly biased source on this topic.

He has restructured the party quite substantially in favour of the membership and only time will tell whether these changes will last (and can be galvanized by a more charismatic leader) or whether they will be overturned in the event of his departure.
I don't think he's been a repeated failure.

He's been attacked from quite a few different angles, including from within his own party.

He's not a great leader by any stretch but his party are offering radical change in Britain, and change that is needed.

Hopefully he's put in place enough people with his ideas to ensure the next leader doesn't just go back to blairite light blue.