What is the point of Labour ?

pawpar

5 minutes ago, dorlomin said:

So basically you supported the Corbynites for four and a half years and are now trying to salvage ideology from the wreckage by throwing your previous heroes under the bus. 

Well it would be a bit silly to try and drag Corbyn out from under a bus and get him to stand again. I'm a realist, some compromise needs to be made to salvage a lot of good work that he and McDonnell did in terms of the manifesto.

Labour need to clear out the Israeli lobbyist benefactors from their party. They don’t represent the people of the UK and will continue to sabotage Labours chances of winning every single election until they re embrace Toryism.

Just look at the names of those who were sticking the knife into Corbyn at any and every opportunity throughout the election. Every single one of them have links to Israel. 👀 

Well it would be a bit silly to try and drag Corbyn out from under a bus and get him to stand again. I'm a realist, some compromise needs to be made to salvage a lot of good work that he and McDonnell did in terms of the manifesto.

Fucking hell [emoji38]

Corbyn and McDonnell did nothing good, time to move on I’m afraid.

37 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

Labour need to clear out the Israeli lobbyist benefactors from their party. They don’t represent the people of the UK and will continue to sabotage Labours chances of winning every single election until they re embrace Toryism.

Just look at the names of those who were sticking the knife into Corbyn at any and every opportunity throughout the election. Every single one of them have links to Israel. 👀 

And this post is a big reason why Labour lost.

Antisemitism. 

Out and out Jew Hatred. 

39 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Labour Party members beginning to see the light about FPTP.  An horrendous voting system.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/labour-party-proportional-representation-corbyn-leader-polls-a9249196.html

Would I be wrong to say that they've always been quite firmly in support of an alternative system? Once they get to the position of power though, the parliamentary party has always shut it down quite quickly.

15 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Would I be wrong to say that they've always been quite firmly in support of an alternative system? Once they get to the position of power though, the parliamentary party has always shut it down quite quickly.

I don’t think it has ever been official party policy to change it.

It wouldn’t surprise me that if it were adopted as such but then jettisoned when they get back into power.

They really are clueless and useless...be interesting to see if any will break ranks

Well that lasted long

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

Well that lasted long

Not a bad thing.  It will simply exacerbate the divisions between branch party loyalists and more analytical, open minded members.

I can see the Labour Party membership in Scotland taking a hit over the next 12 to 18 months.  I hope similar minded people in the SNP will offer the hand of friendship to those disillusioned by SLab’s close minded approach.