What is the point of Labour ?

pawpar

On 03/05/2019 at 20:55, Tibbermoresaint said:

Aren't they?

Labour will stroll the next election, not because they're any good but because the various xenophobe parties will cannibalise the Conservative vote. In a multi-party first past the post system you don't need to be popular to win, just less unpopular than others.

:lol:

It's a toughie - Mason might edge it as he's older so should know better, but then he did go to Greece at the depths of their troubles and probably did witness how badly the EU can f**k things up.

He’s now in support of remaining in the EU and NATO, keeping trident (because the poor fucking love nukes apparently) and getting tough on crime isn’t he?

Mason is clearly on the PV payroll now. His column today included all the talking points from the leaked PV email yesterday particularly focusing on Corbyn's staff rather than Corbyn.

Bastani and other people have made a strong argument as to why another referendum will only deepen division. That's fine if you are the Lib Dems or the Greens and are happy to limit yourself to Remain voters but a Labour majority (or minority plus SNP) requires Leavers and Remainers.

5 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

Why does anyone pay any attention to Bastani? He talks utter pish from what I can see.

Don't know him but he's sad to see the Unionist Barcelona Mayor neck and neck with a left wing independence party contender. Bit presumptuous for him to concede on his behalf, considering each party has exactly the same number of councillors and coalitions haven't been negotiated yet.

https://twitter.com/AaronBastani/status/1133022112346771464

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Don't know him but he's sad to see the Unionist Barcelona Mayor neck and neck with a left wing independence party contender. Bit presumptuous for him to concede on his behalf, considering each party has exactly the same number of councillors and coalitions haven't been negotiated yet.

Essquerra aren't really left wing.

Aye I wasn’t really aware of him either before I saw him mentioned on here ages ago. Checked him out and I was just bemused as he didn’t seem to have a clue. I guess that doesn’t exclude someone from being a topic of discussion though tbf.

I’m sure I even seen him take some of Limmy’s obvious twitter bait once. Complete numpty.

44 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

Aye I wasn’t really aware of him either before I saw him mentioned on here ages ago. Checked him out and I was just bemused as he didn’t seem to have a clue. I guess that doesn’t exclude someone from being a topic of discussion though tbf.

I’m sure I even seen him take some of Limmy’s obvious twitter bait once. Complete numpty.

Empty soundbites as far as I can see. He seems to think the left should mimic Farage, nice clear simple pro Brexit message with no manifesto to confuse the simple workers minds.

Bastani has just released his book and it’s been slaughtered online as well for being a load of vacuous nonsense.

?s=21" data-controller="core.front.core.autosizeiframe" data-embedId='a95722a1ffb3778e2838f09d7ab194c1' allowfullscreen=''> https://twitter.com/ExcelPope/status/1132286510101929984

17 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Bastani has just released his book and it’s been slaughtered online as well for being a load of vacuous nonsense.

?s=21" data-controller="core.front.core.autosizeiframe" data-embedId='a95722a1ffb3778e2838f09d7ab194c1' allowfullscreen=''> https://twitter.com/ExcelPope/status/1132286510101929984

Aye, that thread is brilliant.