What is the point of Labour ?

pawpar

16 minutes ago, RiG said:

Are (Scottish) Labour just at it now? I mean they literally spent money to fight equal pay claims whilst they were in charge of GCC.

Blatant opportunism.  

No doubt some of their comrades in the trade union movement will endorse this but I imagine most of those taking action will recognise the hypocrisy.

13 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Blatant opportunism.  

No doubt some of their comrades in the trade union movement will endorse this but I imagine most of those taking action will recognise the hypocrisy.

A strike organised by a prospective Labour politician too...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/labourlist.org/2018/06/rhea-wolfson-reselected-as-labour-candidate-for-livingston/amp/

The GMB have been working on this issue for years so accusing ex GMB Leonard of hypocrisy is baseless. Other Labour councils have already settled, definitely South and North Lanarkshire and North Ayrshire. I'm not sure why GCC wouldn't settle but they are corrupt as f**k especially the Brigit McConnell, Purcell, Willie Haughey axis.

A lot of the SNP reactions to this are perfect for the "are you right wing?" thread. People are on strike, support them. They understand their personal circumstances better than you do and don't need to be second guessed by people with very little information.

8 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The GMB have been working on this issue for years so accusing ex GMB Leonard of hypocrisy is baseless. Other Labour councils have already settled, definitely South and North Lanarkshire and North Ayrshire. I'm not sure why GCC wouldn't settle but they are corrupt as f**k especially the Brigit McConnell, Purcell, Willie Haughey axis.

A lot of the SNP reactions to this are perfect for the "are you right wing?" thread. People are on strike, support them. They understand their personal circumstances better than you do and don't need to be second guessed by people with very little information.

:lol:

4 hours ago, Lurkst said:

There’s nothing wrong with the strike.  There’s something wrong with Labour trying to ignore their complicity in creating the circumstances.

5 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

The comments show that most people aren't falling for their shite. 

H_B making a monumental arse of himself - again, and again . . .

Again i'm not H_B.

My post named senior Glasgow Labour figures who have contributed to this mess so i'm not in denial about that. I'm glad that Labour has now returned to it's roots and is being led by people who have the best interests of working class people at heart rather than managerial centrists.

27 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Again i'm not H_B.

My post named senior Glasgow Labour figures who have contributed to this mess so i'm not in denial about that. I'm glad that Labour has now returned to it's roots and is being led by people who have the best interests of working class people at heart rather than managerial centrists.

:lol: noticed this thread of (would you call it) thought from a few of the labourists  on twatter.

This must be their latest propaganda ploy to get sad deluded chunts to vote for them

"We've changed....no honestly we hiv.....we r no like that bad labour party of 3 years ago.......w r a completely djfferent ootfit." 8)

Hell mend any sad b@stard that falls for that pish chat.

Don’t think anyone who seeks to turn this into a specifically party political issue is going to come out of it well. I remember invergowrie arab pointing out that SNP union members were supporting the strikes as well.
Heres is yer racist al da

Solidarity with the ladies obvs. I'm sure they'll get what they're due.

Slab tho, what a fucking minter.

Hugh Gaffney on sky news, blaming it on SNP cuts.

Edited by Henderson to deliver .....
See video above doulikefish beat me too it