Sign in to follow this  
pawpar

What is the point of Labour

44 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The point of Labour is to end austerity and build a society fit for the 21st century.

By hiding from the argument of single market access and being too scared to have an intellectual debate with their base; they will ensure that we'll be entering the second quarter of the 21st century with potentially record amounts of poverty and more pressure on public spending. The clock is ticking and they certainly have the numbers to force through a move like this but they are choosing to sit it out and are scared of telling people they are wrong.

The more things change the more they stay the same.

Corbyn has spent his Parliamentary career condemning top down leadership, and manipulation of policy making.  Yet Labour’s whole Brexit policy is being decided by Corbyn and a few others whilst the Party has been denied a say.

There is nothing to suggest the direction Brexit is taking us in has the support of ordinary members or voters.

It's not really up for dispute that Scottish Labour was running on a 'stop indyref 2' campaign and I think it's not unfair to consider that this feeds into the idea of Labour being relatively light on the Conservatives'. I maybe wouldn't have gone as far as what the poster has said but when you are aligning yourself in this way and telling your supporters that this is a number one issue, it's not an outrageous implication.
This in spades.

If you run a Stop Indy Ref 2 campaign as both Labour and the Tories did then it's clear me that Unionists were being encouraged to put the Union before party.

7 hours ago, Detournement said:

The Dugdale "vote Tory" theory also ignores the fact that there was only one Tory victory - Ayr, Carrick and Cumnock - where there was any substantial Lab>Tory swing.

The vast majority of Tory victories were direct SNP>Tory swings.

It's not a theory that the leader of labour told people to vote Tory though is it.  That's a fact.

4 hours ago, Detournement said:

Only in Holyrood and council elections.

They can't do much more than promise to turn up at Westminster.

Hence the need for independence.  Good to have you on board.

Just now, John Lambies Doos said:

Cant believe there are people on here trying to defend Labours actions during the independence campaign

Labours conduct during indyref was genuinely the most disgusting thing I've ever witnessed and I will never forgive or forget.  No matter what happens they will never get another vote from me in any election for any reason ever again for the rest of my life.

This is nonsense. Dugdale acknowledged that Labour weren't going to win in rural areas. That was just a simple fact. The idea that a sunday morning interview on Sky news that no one watched was the defining factor in voting intention is absurd.
Far more people saw Sturgeon state with certainty that the Tories were definitely going to win a majority at the end of the final (I think?) debate. The SNP failed to either fully commit to a second referendum or offer any way to end austerity.
Deluded

Cant believe there are people on here trying to defend Labours actions during the independence campaign
It's H_B's latest alias, clearly he's still a poundshop AdLib