What is the point of Labour ?

pawpar

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Neither have I, but what realistic options do voters in England have?

As far too many are primarily concerned with their wallets it will be whichever party offers them the biggest incentive, and to f**k with everything else.  And I've no doubt that many Labour voters down there of our generation vote with a G-clamp on their nose.

Keef’s democratic Labour Party.

Labour tells 19 Leicester councillors they cannot stand in May election

Some intend to defect or stand as independents after ‘undemocratic’ deselection of mostly BAME councillors

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/mar/23/labour-tells-19-leicester-councillors-they-cannot-stand-in-may-election

22 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

There’s at least one SNP leadership candidate who would probably say she didn’t go far enough.  

But some on here will tell you she’s great because she’s “competent”.

Edited by MazzyStar

Keir Starmer going full totalitarianism on his speech over crime. Never mind dealing with the economic factors that have led to higher levels of crime. Nah, just put more law enforcement officers out on the streets to keep them lower class peasants in check. What a c**t.

16 hours ago, StellarHibee said:

Keir Starmer going full totalitarianism on his speech over crime. Never mind dealing with the economic factors that have led to higher levels of crime. Nah, just put more law enforcement officers out on the streets to keep them lower class peasants in check. What a c**t.

I think he is just stealing the Tory chat to win votes. 

2 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

And therein lies the problem. A man with no principles whatsoever. 

He doesn't have to mean it, just pretend, like how he makes out he is more anti immigrant than the Tories. That's the game or how it looks to me.

It's a win for the SNP anyway.

Look, Look, Red Tories, Red Tories. 

The problem is you can't out Tory the Tories forever on culture war stuff, immigration, crime etc. Starmer could go on live TV and shoot a migrant while fucking the flag and holding a copy of the Sun and he'll still get the "woke lefty lawyer is going to let 'them' ruin are country" treatment when they deem the time is right. In the meantime he's obliterating a decent chunk of his party's base.

1 hour ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

I think he is just stealing the Tory chat to win votes. 

He's not winning more votes, he's replacing them. He'd be quite happy to gain every single tory vote while losing every labour vote from the previous election, as long as it means gaining power. He's the new media darling, otherwise they would be all over the Forde Report.

He must be a right-wing shitebag, otherwise he'd be getting the Corbyn treatment.

17 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

If people are inclined towards the Tories they'll vote Tory not someone dressing up as a Tory.

Not too sure about that. In Scotland there's "a bit of a stigma" about voting Tory. It's the only explanation I can think of why folk in the Edinburgh Western area vote LibDem.  Cant bring themselves to vote for these lefty sorts, but know the Tories are damnable, so suddenly Cole-Hamilton seems like a logical choice. 

29 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Not too sure about that. In Scotland there's "a bit of a stigma" about voting Tory. It's the only explanation I can think of why folk in the Edinburgh Western area vote LibDem.  Cant bring themselves to vote for these lefty sorts, but know the Tories are damnable, so suddenly Cole-Hamilton seems like a logical choice. 

I was talking more about the UK in general.

48 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Its more nuanced than that, especially when the Indy/Unionist question comes into play.

I live in Edinburgh South for Westminster, (Edinburgh Southern for Holyrood) and "Morningside Tories" vote Labour tactically in order that no SNP MP/MSP gets in.

This has been obvious for some time, but is made evern more obvious when you see the breakdown of FPTP and Regional Holyrood votes for the tories in this constituency.

Both Ian Murray and Daniel Johnson campaign on "lend us your vote" to local tories.

Even in the local council here, the SNP are the largest single party but Labour and the Tories (ffs !) are in a "loose alliance" to run Edinburgh - think there are 3 or 4 other councils which have the same problem.

I voted Labour as a youngster, and this kind of cosying up to the b*****d fucking Tory party is one of the reasons I despise Scottish Labour.

22 hours ago, Marlo Stanfield said:

The problem is you can't out Tory the Tories forever on culture war stuff, immigration, crime etc. Starmer could go on live TV and shoot a migrant while fucking the flag and holding a copy of the Sun and he'll still get the "woke lefty lawyer is going to let 'them' ruin are country" treatment when they deem the time is right. In the meantime he's obliterating a decent chunk of his party's base.

How many hands does Starmer have?

Spoiler

I won't vote for anyone with more than two.