What is the point of Labour ?

pawpar

5 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Just clocked Gordy Broon lauding a Xmas food bank/Christmas packages scheme for people struggling with poverty on the news there. 

It might seems a little vitriolic and unkind but that old goat can take a running f**k to himself. Clapwanking Amazon giving alms to poor and the odd benevolent mince pie to people in poverty as a direct consequence of the lies he told. c**t. 

As Jackson Browne sang

"And we give something to the poor,

If the generousity seizes us,

But ask why there are poor,

You get the same as the rebel Jesus"

2 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

Who needs policies when you can have personalities backing you instead?

Labour hires head of celebrity endorsements to line up big name backers ahead of the next election (inews.co.uk)

And obviously a leader lacking in any kind of personality.

Unfortunately Starmer doesn’t have much in the way of issues when disagreeing with the Tories either.

161865CC-7945-4902-AC73-560463129F9E.jpeg

Am I surprised that the Shadow Secretary for Domestic Violence has little knowledge of the most prominent misogynistic “male dominance” promoting scumbag currently grifting away?

No, no I’m not.

Am I surprised she’s openly admitted to being clueless about something that is clearly radicalising young men and will be a root cause of current and future domestic violence?

No, also not surprised. A complete moron.

E182A1B7-E0BF-404E-AA2D-9B0579B2A2EC.thumb.png.82613e61d978798b17ceaa3ac61a90a1.png

5 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

Am I surprised that the Shadow Secretary for Domestic Violence has little knowledge of the most prominent misogynistic “male dominance” promoting scumbag currently grifting away?

No, no I’m not.

Am I surprised she’s openly admitted to being clueless about something that is clearly radicalising young men and will be a root cause of current and future domestic violence?

E182A1B7-E0BF-404E-AA2D-9B0579B2A2EC.thumb.png.82613e61d978798b17ceaa3ac61a90a1.png

It’s the “should have got a woman in to do his rapey trafficking PR” bit that made me think.

17 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

No, no I’m not.

To be fair, I had never heard of the guy before today either, probably because I dont give a shite about Big Brother or perverts that live in Romania.............................

2 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

No, no I’m not.

And she can't spell 'gist'.

3 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

No, no I’m not.

She’s the Labour equivalent of Liz Truss.

4 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

It’s the “should have got a woman in to do his rapey trafficking PR” bit that made me think.

Yes, forgot to add the suggested girl bossing of human trafficking, coercion and sex crimes.

She really is so fucking thick.

15 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

Lisa Nandy, MP for Brexit voting Wigan, dismisses the growing majority across the country - that includes Labour mayor Sadiq Khan - who are calling for the UK to rejoin the EU’s single market, as pushing a “fantasy” that “won’t take the country forward”.

How long can Labour go before they decide folks what have changed their mind since the Brexit referendum are more numerous than the Farage Ultras in the Red Wall seats who probably won't switch back to Labour anyway?

1 hour ago, btb said:

How long can Labour go before they decide folks what have changed their mind since the Brexit referendum are more numerous than the Farage Ultras in the Red Wall seats who probably won't switch back to Labour anyway?

Labour will have to start growing some political balls and not be Tories mark 2. There is still 2 years left to the next election. Any green shoots in the economy and the Tories will get their vote back. 

I am still convinced that Labour won't get a huge majority.  At best a small difficult majority or a hung parliament. 

22 minutes ago, KirkieRR said:

I'm beginning to think that a large number of Labourites were genuinely leave-inclined. They seem to have embraced Brexit with unexpected enthusiasm.

I suspect that a number of them are embracing it for no other reason than they would not want to be seen to be opposing the leadership at a time when they think they have a chance winning an election. To be fair I haven't noticed many folk on P&B embracing brexit whether they're allegedly Labour supporters or not. 

On 02/01/2023 at 14:26, Highlandmagar said:

I am still convinced that Labour won't get a huge majority.  At best a small difficult majority or a hung parliament. 

And of course they've absolutely ruled out a coalition with the SNP, which means they will do just that in the event of a hung parliament.

51 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

And of course they've absolutely ruled out a coalition with the SNP, which means they will do just that in the event of a hung parliament.

It'll be a repeat of 1979 with Labour screwing Scotland over on sovereignty, then blaming the SNP for not propping them up afterwards. In fact, i'm convinced that's the very tactic they're gaming on.

If Labour have the option of working with the SNP or letting the Tories back in they will go for the former.  If Sir Keef tries to block it he will be out on his arse quicker than you can say ‘ministerial cars’.

2 years is a long time to wait for a GE. At the moment tha Labour vote remains consistently at between 45-50% enough for a substantial majority.

Of course the Tory vote will increase the closer the GE gets, but not enough to prevent a majority.

Of course Labour should be more amenable to Europe, or at least having a discussion about EFTA but they won't prior to the GE due to the Red Wall 'issue'.

As far as 'wrapping themselves in the union Jack goes'..don't agree with doing that either, but it's no different to the SNP never appearing sans saltire 

Similarly, declaring a willingness to 'work' with the SNP would simply hand the Tories the election. Hardly a tactic that any party seeking to form a govt would pursue.

Edited by Jedi