What is the point of Labour ?

pawpar

3 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Oh hello, I wondered where you were.

Care to answer my questions?

Jedi asserted ... Devolution is always intended to be a process.

Is it and where is this established as a truism?

Jedi asserted ... The only devolved system in the world which has slightly more autonomy and powers than Holyrood is the Canadian one

A quick online search would seem to challenge your assertion. Would you care to provide any objectivity to establish your veracity?

Go on go on ...

Just now, sophia said:

Oh hello, I wondered where you were.

Care to answer my questions?

Jedi asserted ... Devolution is always intended to be a process.

Is it and where is this established as a truism?

Jedi asserted ... The only devolved system in the world which has slightly more autonomy and powers than Holyrood is the Canadian one

A quick online search would seem to challenge your assertion. Would you care to provide any objectivity to establish your veracity?

Go on go on ...

On the powers of other parliaments? Depends of course, which sources you read. The one you cited being an SNP backed source. 

BBC one:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-35716653

2 minutes ago, Jedi said:

On the powers of other parliaments? Depends of course, which sources you read. The one you cited being an SNP backed source. 

BBC one:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-35716653

I'm sorry but that is the BBC and if you want to go down this route, it's a UK state backed source, and even do it does your argument no favours.

15 minutes ago, Jedi said:

May be an image of ‎map and ‎text that says '‎19:43 ج 54% Sam Etchells POLITICS and Julia Suzanne liked Politics UK @POLITICSUK 53m Scottish Westminster Voting Intention: SNP: 34% (-11) LAB: 31% (+13) CON: 19% (-6) REFORM: 11% (+10) GREEN: 4% (+3) LDM: 1% (-9) Seat estimate: LAB: 29 (+23) SNP: 23 (-25) CON: (+1) LDM: (-4) Search Search. 18 33 75 Shwsred Show this thread 5nO bannen‎'‎‎

Make no mistake about it, the Labour fight back is on 🌹 

In Scotland, Sarwar comes across as more competent and likeable than his predecessors.

Following the Supreme Court ruling, many now see independence as unrealistic and are coming home.

The conditions are right for a Labour revival, especially with the Tories in such turmoil.

On the actual "commission" its wishy washy bluster as usual. Full of shite like the Scottish Parliament "should be consulted on..." which reveals that the true nature of this, like devolution itself is only to loan powers downwards not actually share it.

You can consult all you fucking like, you can let folk "be heard" but that's not the same as listening - that only comes with leverage. 

Brown, as usual comes from the entirely psychotic starting point that he is above all else, infinitely reasonable and that only those with views like his are reasonable and therefore a soft touch consultation is all that is required because we all agree anyway, right?

No UK Government will ever properly abide to share power - to give up some of their own power - with the Scottish or Welsh governments. Such would require proper upheaval of the UK constitution, rather than the pretend buttressing of the Sewel convention.

3 minutes ago, GTG_03 said:

Yeah they are but if they ever find their way home to a centre left party then that's where my natural vote would go. I'm not holding my breath...

Sounds like you want to vote for a romanticised version of them that are long gone.

13 minutes ago, HandsomeRichard said:

In Scotland, Sarwar comes across as more competent and likeable than his predecessors.

Following the Supreme Court ruling, many now see independence as unrealistic and are coming home.

The conditions are right for a Labour revival, especially with the Tories in such turmoil.

:lol: Bookmarked. I reckon you might double your seats by winning Rutherglen and call it a Labour revival.

4 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

He’s a troll*, I wouldn’t waste the effort.

* and a shite one at that.

Yup.

3 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

You said that you expected "there were always going to be long, complicated negotiations" and "It wasn't a hypothetical"

Either you expected long complicated negotiations only in the hypothetical situation of a "leave" vote, or you don't understand the meaning of the word "hypothetical"

Your debating (and dotting) style is suspiciously reminiscent of Stormzy/Santan/Albus etc.

I predict you'll be gone in a matter of weeks

A new poster who, upon making their nth tedious alias account, heads immediately to specific threads on the politics section of  Scottish football forum, and yet folk still respond as if they're interested in any way in any legitimate, good faith discussion.

40 minutes ago, HandsomeRichard said:

Och, ye're an optimist, I'll say that.

Come back when your party isn't calling tens of thousands of its former voters Nazis, has admitted its own role in its downfall, and isn't deluding itself that Brexit can work.

Oh, on one thing you're right: the SC ruling shows that independence is unrealistic: because the union is coercive not voluntary. Are you happy with that?

And with Brexit?

And with 12 Tory years we didn't vote for?

9 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Sounds like you want to vote for a romanticised version of them that are long gone.

You're probably right, I can live in hope tho. 

3 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Does anyone on the breadline give a f**k about the HoL?

Starmer is a gimp. 

Some do, when they see the 'elite' with their snouts in the trough and they themselves can't heat their home. 

Starmer is indeed a gimp and I genuinely think he'll blow the election, he's far too vanilla and is just saying any old shite that he thinks people want to hear. I don't think people buy it.

Another 5 years of the Tories incoming.

Make no mistake about it, the Labour fight back is on [emoji257] 
[emoji28][emoji28][emoji28][emoji28][emoji28][emoji28][emoji28][emoji28][emoji28][emoji28]

11 hours ago, Jedi said:

May be an image of ‎map and ‎text that says '‎19:43 ج 54% Sam Etchells POLITICS and Julia Suzanne liked Politics UK @POLITICSUK 53m Scottish Westminster Voting Intention: SNP: 34% (-11) LAB: 31% (+13) CON: 19% (-6) REFORM: 11% (+10) GREEN: 4% (+3) LDM: 1% (-9) Seat estimate: LAB: 29 (+23) SNP: 23 (-25) CON: (+1) LDM: (-4) Search Search. 18 33 75 Shwsred Show this thread 5nO bannen‎'‎‎

Oh dear. We're not friends. We don't get along. We have vastly different opinions and indeed standards but, in an effort to reach out across the divide and provide some assistance to my fellow man I will be as charitable as I can possibly be here. 

This is your Ratners moment. This is you putting your hand up at a conference and asking "have you considered Blockchain?" This is referencing Peppa Pig to the CBI. This is you volunteering to sign for the deaf at Mandelas funeral.

I have never seen a more complete admission that you don't understand how to have or care to try anything approaching a debate in good faith. A disaster of a post. A single screenshot entirely eradicating what few picogrammes of credibility you left. A complete integrity self-immolation. And may god have mercy upon your soul..

Edited by williemillersmoustache