What is the point of Labour ?

pawpar

1 hour ago, williemillersmoustache said:

The former leader of Oldham Council getting a say over repeated instructions from the Scottish Electorate 

f**k Labour and its democracy show.

Screenshot_20221205_102451_Chrome.jpg

Not a single elected representative from Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland.

And a huge lol at the bottom 2. 

1 minute ago, Stringer Bell said:

I suppose they will go with the line that Broon and Dodds are Scottish (but your point is valid).

Starmer said on R4 today that being part of the Single Market would not boost the UK economic growth.

No credible economist agrees with this, its just a big fat lie in order that the thick racists in old Red Wall Brexitland that went conservative in 2019 vote Labour next time.

Why is Gordon brown still seen as being relevant? He should be in a retirement home where he can explain to the carers that his vision of the UK is what's best and that he was once prime minister you know.

I'd like to be able to vote for labour but as long as they treat Scotland like this they'll get nowt from me.

2 minutes ago, GTG_03 said:

Why is Gordon brown still seen as being relevant? He should be in a retirement home where he can explain to the carers that his vision of the UK is what's best and that he was once prime minister you know.

I'd like to be able to vote for labour but as long as they treat Scotland like this they'll get nowt from me.

He’s claimed in the media to still be relevant to the thick, tribal Scots - the qualifier is usually made (or was in 2014) that our wiser neighbours had seen through him.

Brown wheeled out as the go-to Scot and Labour in their occasional striving for relevance by once again treating Scotland as an after-thought. Up here we're on a very different trajectory. No amount of bleating about "union", "better together" or this current pish spouting will make any difference. 

1 hour ago, Stringer Bell said:

The only conclusion you can draw is that for Brown and Starmer there isn't a single elected Scottish Labour representative whose opinion is worthwhile.  Which is fair enough actually. 

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

Starmer said on R4 today that being part of the Single Market would not boost the UK economic growth.

No credible economist agrees with this, its just a big fat lie in order that the thick racists in old Red Wall Brexitland that went conservative in 2019 vote Labour next time.

He also said he doesn't disapprove of private schools because "we have some very good private schools in this country". Which misses the point by as far as it's possible to miss a point. 

Throughout his entire pitch to disaffected Tories on there the phrase "banality of evil" kept going around in my head. If he's as evil as he is banal then he may actually be the antichrist. 

Will be interested to hear the better together champions who on one hand decry the Scottish parliament as a pReTenDy pArLIaMeNt!!! which gets too much money and say while on the other championing the de-centralising of Westminster power and funding to local regions in these Labour proposals. 

1 hour ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Brown wheeled out as the go-to Scot and Labour in their occasional striving for relevance by once again treating Scotland as an after-thought. Up here we're on a very different trajectory. No amount of bleating about "union", "better together" or this current pish spouting will make any difference. 

1 hour ago, williemillersmoustache said:

The only conclusion you can draw is that for Brown and Starmer there isn't a single elected Scottish Labour representative whose opinion is worthwhile.  Which is fair enough actually. 

I’m maybe biased here, but I just don’t imagine that Gordon Brown is particularly popular in Scotland; as such he’s a really strange choice to be the face of any campaign.  There will be plenty of Scottish Labour voters who don’t identify with Brown and most YES voters will probably remember him for the lies he told during the Referendum.

Probably some Tories and Lib Dems will line up with some Labour voters in ‘supporting’ him simply due to the Unionist stance but I’d guess he’d have an overall negative rating of between 30% and 40%.

15 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I’m maybe biased here, but I just don’t imagine that Gordon Brown is particularly popular in Scotland; as such he’s a really strange choice to be the face of any campaign.  There will be plenty of Scottish Labour voters who don’t identify with Brown and most YES voters will probably remember him for the lies he told during the Referendum.

Probably some Tories and Lib Dems will line up with some Labour voters in ‘supporting’ him simply due to the Unionist stance but I’d guess he’d have an overall negative rating of between 30% and 40%.

How to day "we aren't interested in appealing to Scottish voters and are demonstrably not trying to do so" without saying "we aren't interested in appealing to Scottish voters and are demonstrably not trying to do so."

I've always been amazed at the gravitas accorded to Gordon Brown, a chameleon of man who travelled the political spectrum from authoring The Red Paper to full-strength right-wing Atlanticist, and along the way achieving nothing of real note other than striking a grubby deal for the keys of No 10.  That and living up fully to the stereotype of the dour, buttoned-up Presbyterian Scot. 

You also have to wonder where exactly this latest underwhelming 'dramatic intervention' from Broon leaves Anas Sarwar who seems now to be not quite Labour's leader in Scotland in the way that he may have thought.

Other than Jedi apparently taking a sabbatical, every Labour announcement makes me detest them even more than I already do.

I’ve always been left leaning & was a shop-steward at the tender age of 22, so I guess, a natural Labour voter.

However, I’ve always been pro Indy, joined the SNP just before the vote in 2014, have been somewhat disappointed in the lack of radical ideas that I thought would come with the base support they had post 2014, so cancelled my membership in 2020. I will always vote Yes in any future ref. The absolute neck of Sir Keith (1 MP north of the border) Starmer trying to tell me, what’s best for Scotland has infuriated me. 
I’ll be renewing my membership of SNP tomorrow & hoping that Labour die in England & Wales as they have done here. Absolute power hungry charlatans that will sell any morals they may or may not have had down the river for a sniff of King Chucks crotch as they kneel before him begging to form a government. c***s. 

5 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

So is that Gordon Brown admitting the UK doesn’t work for Scotland, hence the need for change?

Surely not - the strong and stable UK was already improved by “faster, safer, better change”* post-2014.

* that is: robbing us of our European citizenship, ending much-needed free movement, and crashing the economy.