What is the point of Labour ?

pawpar

24 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The Labour Party doesn’t want radical change, if they did they wouldn’t chose someone like Starmer.

They want to tinker at the edges and a future Labour government will make changes that a future Tory government can easily undo.

Out of the parties that usually get their deposits back, only the greens could be described as in any way radical.

They're also both political parties full of people. So there. 

3 hours ago, coprolite said:

I don't think that the Labour party overall is remotely similar to the Tory party overall. 

14 minutes ago, coprolite said:

They're also both political parties full of people. So there. 

Mmmmm….,,

The Labour Files.  Anyone seen this?  I haven’t but will make a point of doing so.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/labour-files-forde-report-keir-starmer-racism-b2198773.html

The Labour Files, based on what producers say is “the biggest leak of confidential documents in British political history,” detailed harrowing bullying of party members by Labour’s bureaucracy and the rigging of democratic processes. Most chillingly, the series exposed a current of anti-Black racism and Islamophobia in the party under Starmer, at times apparently encouraged by its most senior officials.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

The Labour Files.  Anyone seen this?  I haven’t but will make a point of doing so.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/labour-files-forde-report-keir-starmer-racism-b2198773.html

The Labour Files, based on what producers say is “the biggest leak of confidential documents in British political history,” detailed harrowing bullying of party members by Labour’s bureaucracy and the rigging of democratic processes. Most chillingly, the series exposed a current of anti-Black racism and Islamophobia in the party under Starmer, at times apparently encouraged by its most senior officials.

Jews, something, antisemitic, something, something, Jeremy Corbyn.

8 hours ago, Antlion said:

Who has actually said that they’re just the same as the current Tory party? You seem fond of arguing against it so who’s arguing it in the first place?

In plenty of places on this very thread there are references to Lab being 'just as bad as the Tories' Lab have been described as racist, flag wavers, wanting to deport even more folk than the Tories, Lab/Con 'hegemony', policies which are 'indistinguishable' from the Tories 

And to cap it off some folk want to see a minority Tory govt returned after the next GE so that presumably..it keeps these Labour charlatans out, and keeps the Independece issue 'alive' for longer.5 more years of Liz Truss?..no problem.

Just a straight yes/no question then: Is the Growth Commission Report left or right wing in its outlook? Not 'aye but Labour sacked a guy for standing on a picket line', so they are clearly the right wingers,  but left or right, yes or no on the Growth Commission?

15 minutes ago, Jedi said:

In plenty of places on this very thread there are references to Lab being 'just as bad as the Tories' Lab have been described as racist, flag wavers, wanting to deport even more folk than the Tories, Lab/Con 'hegemony', policies which are 'indistinguishable' from the Tories 

And to cap it off some folk want to see a minority Tory govt returned after the next GE so that presumably..it keeps these Labour charlatans out, and keeps the Independece issue 'alive' for longer.5 more years of Liz Truss?..no problem.

Just a straight yes/no question then: Is the Growth Commission Report left or right wing in its outlook? Not 'aye but Labour sacked a guy for standing on a picket line', so they are clearly the right wingers,  but left or right, yes or no on the Growth Commission?

Who on here has said they want to see a minority Tory government?

17 minutes ago, Jedi said:

So no actual evidence then - just vague references to some people pointing out (accurately) that Labour have been flag-waving and wanting to deport folk. That doesn’t make them exactly the same as the current Tories. It just makes them repellant c***s.

As for the BiB, are you even aware of the title and purpose of this thread? It’s a bit rich to demand answers about the SNP and to warn people not to talk instead about Labour in a thread called “What is the point of Labour?”

On 03/10/2022 at 13:05, Granny Danger said:

No option is perfect but a hung Parliament where the Tories are the biggest party but without an overall majority would be the best of them all.

If Labour is the biggest party but without a majority I’d be happy to see the SNP vote with the Tories against the first budget.  

1 minute ago, Antlion said:

So no actual evidence then - just vague references to some people pointing out (accurately) that Labour have been flag-waving and wanting to deport folk. That doesn’t make them exactly the same as the current Tories. It just makes them repellant c***s.

As for the BiB, are you even aware of the title and purpose of this thread? It’s a bit rich to demand answers about the SNP and to warn people not to talk instead about Labour in a thread called “What is the point of Labour?”

Probably 90% of what I have commented on has been 'about' Labour.As said before I know that 'debate' is neither invited or desired (rather personal abuse puddle drinking simpleton, moron, clearly know nothing about politics..and these are the more 'polite' ones. 'Warning' people 'not to talk about the SNP' 

1 minute ago, Jedi said:

Probably 90% of what I have commented on has been 'about' Labour.As said before I know that 'debate' is neither invited or desired (rather personal abuse puddle drinking simpleton, moron, clearly know nothing about politics..and these are the more 'polite' ones. 'Warning' people 'not to talk about the SNP' 

AA96C166-FD20-43B8-9EE3-A2D249D7FBE7.gif

5 minutes ago, Jedi said:

That’s not a Tory minority government.  It’s a Labour minority government with support of the SNP.

If you cannot understand the difference you really shouldn’t post on here any more.

14 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Who on here has said they want to see a minority Tory government?

9 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Something that took longer to type than think through

No option is perfect but a hung Parliament where the Tories are the biggest party but without an overall majority would be the best of them all.

If Labour is the biggest party but without a majority I’d be happy to see the SNP vote with the Tories against the first budget 

^^^

@JediYou've read something that you wanted to.

Take a breath.

Edited by sophia

Just now, sophia said:

No option is perfect but a hung Parliament where the Tories are the biggest party but without an overall majority would be the best of them all.

If Labour is the biggest party but without a majority I’d be happy to see the SNP vote with the Tories against the first budget 

^^^

You've read something that you wanted to.

Take a breath.

How does that equate to a Tory minority government?  

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

How does that equate to a Tory minority government?  

It doesn't

I realised that it wasn't quite clear and edited it to ensure that impetuous responders wouldn't take offence 

9 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

That’s not a Tory minority government.  It’s a Labour minority government with support of the SNP.

If you cannot understand the difference you really shouldn’t post on here any more.

Annnnd...there we have it 'I am intellectually superior to you...you clearly know nothing about politics so don't bother posting on here with the big boys' is the response .

And where the Tories are the largest party in Parliament sounds rather like a Tory minority govt.