What is the point of Labour ?

pawpar

So Starmer is setting out his 5 principles for promoting growth:

First we will be financially responsible.

Second, we will be distinctively British.

Third, we will work in partnership with business.

Fourth, we will re energise communities and spread economic power.

And fifth, we will refocus our investment on boosting productivity.

I mean it's all bullshit bingo but what the f**k does "distinctively British" even mean?

34 minutes ago, renton said:

I mean it's all bullshit bingo but what the f**k does "distinctively British" even mean?

It means English.

British andEnglish are interchangeable. 

He’s trying to appeal to the gammons. 

1 hour ago, renton said:

This is a one nation tory manifesto.

A relentless pursuit of working in partnership with business to boost productivity and deliver distinctively British growth. 

Off you f**k Keith. 

1 hour ago, renton said:

About the only thing that comes to mind, having seen the news coverage from the Dover area, is an irrational fondness for queuing

The difference between ridiculous and bizarre.

Ridiculous - someone like Keir Starmer, whose politics are obviously right of centre, joins a nominally left-of-centre political party and becomes an elected representative.

Bizarre - he is elected leader of said party and subsequently ditches any pretence of progressive policies including previous commitments.

The only thing that gives me any hope is that we can extricate ourselves from this absolute mess.

21 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

The difference between ridiculous and bizarre.

Ridiculous - someone like Keir Starmer, whose politics are obviously right of centre, joins a nominally left-of-centre political party and becomes an elected representative.

Bizarre - he is elected leader of said party and subsequently ditches any pretence of progressive policies including previous commitments.

The only thing that gives me any hope is that we can extricate ourselves from this absolute mess.

People like Starmer joining centre left parties makes perfect sense. The rich don't have to worry about parties on the right so they spend their money on taking over parties which should represent workers. 

Starmer is a member of the Rockefeller funded Trilateral Commission which is pretty open about its aims. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Crisis_of_Democracy

Edited by Detournement

Starmer goes full Tory by sacking his shadow transport secretary for joining a rail strike picket line. Why vote Labour when you might as well vote Tory. At least they have experience of government. 

Edited by Highlandmagar

8 minutes ago, Highlandmagar said:

Starmer goes full Tory by sacking his shadow transport secretary for joining a rail strike picket line. Why vote Labour when you might as well vote Tory. At least they have experience of government. 

Labour getting in quick to remind everyone that they are 'the shambolic party', just in case the new Tory leader goes for a snap general election. Timing is everything in comedy. 

8 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

The right wing press have labour dancing to there tune 

John McDonnell tweeted: "This must be the first Labour MP to be removed from his frontbench position for joining a trade union picket line to support workers."