What is the point of Labour ?

pawpar

13 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

He's not even doing anything clever. Just remaining calm and pointing out journalists that are insulting the audience by acting stupid to try and trap him. 

Are you a Marxist? Ehhhh.... No m9, i'm an elected trade unionism, why are you talking about Marxism?

How has it taken till now for someone to shine such a simple yet effective light on these shrieking clowns

He has an advantage of being able to focus on one issue  - whether or not workers should take a real terms pay cut - where the answer is staggeringly obvious and his opponents can't even make their argument publicly. 

If a Labour politician makes that winning argument in the media the topic is sudden changed to Anti Semitism or gender or the deficit. In 2019 there was more debate about Corbyn not supporting the fascist coup in Bolivia than housing or employment.

2 hours ago, Detournement said:

He has an advantage of being able to focus on one issue  - whether or not workers should take a real terms pay cut - where the answer is staggeringly obvious and his opponents can't even make their argument publicly. 

If a Labour politician makes that winning argument in the media the topic is sudden changed to Anti Semitism or gender or the deficit. In 2019 there was more debate about Corbyn not supporting the fascist coup in Bolivia than housing or employment.

Is that not as much because the labour party ends up trying to answer those topic changes instead of just blanking it, when blanking it would probably kill the nonstory that it is

Edited by BigDoddyKane

6 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

Isn't she the arsehole that was shoving a microphone under the noses of parents who'd just lost their kids in some horrendous accident? An absolute cuntress, so obviously any and all episodes of her being publicly humiliated make for excellent viewing. 

She's the arsehole who was suspended by Sky for being secretly out on the razzle during lockdown.

On 24/05/2022 at 19:19, Suspect Device said:

I'm going to that. It's not the same date. Stewart Lee's on 23rd June.

He called me a c**t last time I saw him.

Edit. 22nd and 23rd.

First half was cracking, thought he maybe flagged the second but maybe that was my hip flask hitting. Enjoyed giving "aw" instead of laughs when he moaned about it. :lol: He's a very very funny man, worth travelling from Inverness during a train strike for..

Edited by welshbairn

8 hours ago, welshbairn said:

First half was cracking, thought he maybe flagged the second but maybe that was my hip flask hitting. Enjoyed giving "aw" instead of laughs when he moaned about it. :lol: He's a very very funny man, worth travelling from Inverness during a train strike for..

Aye, the first half was better than the 2nd. He even seemed to be enjoying it. Unusual for him wis his usual deadpan delivery.  I do like the audience being blamed for a joke not working.  😃

First comedy I've seen in ages. 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jun/26/jon-cruddas-labour-party-must-support-rail-workers-in-pay-dispute

Interesting article, also mentions poll where 36% of respondents said the rail workers should not have the right to strike.  Whilst shocking I’m pleasantly surprised it’s not more.  I’d like to see a demographic breakdown of that 36%.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jun/26/jon-cruddas-labour-party-must-support-rail-workers-in-pay-dispute

Interesting article, also mentions poll where 36% of respondents said the rail workers should not have the right to strike.  Whilst shocking I’m pleasantly surprised it’s not more.  I’d like to see a demographic breakdown of that 36%.

At 36% that'll be the base English Tory cohort and that numbers are enough to make them the default party in a first past the post Westminster context.

This is unlike Scotland where their base 20% gets them and will always get them, the square root of zero in Holyrood.

6 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I'd predict sections as follows: c***s - 100%