What is the point of Labour ?

pawpar

13 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Even if they are I don't think that's where the disdain is coming from... As a Labour supporting Unionist it's not surprising I would support this council being formed. It's really not the story that some would like it to be. 

Aye maybe. Certainly from the outside looking in, Labour (with their newly elected OO member) being only the 2nd largest group asking the tories and a fringe anti devolution party for support could be perceived as prioritising 'national' issues over local ones. I don't think the optics are great for them tbh, but maybe that's exactly the message they're trying to send. I don't live there so don't really give a f**k tbh.

I did enjoy this bizarre comment under the article though. Going to start using 'very Karl Marx' to describe random things now.

Screenshot_20220512-232037_Chrome.jpg.bfb9be5fa9f1ed858e7d1ba799e61d18.jpg

Kind of depends whether you believe forming a local government coalition is best served by working with other parties that believe in social justice and universal access to services and opportunities or c***s that get a stauner from starving the poor and vulnerable to death.

Speaks volumes if your views on the constitution outweigh your approach to the provision of local services to the extent you'd work with people who think those who use foodbanks are just thick and either don't know how or can't be arsed cooking.

Edited by williemillersmoustache

Will be interesting and they will certainly be worthy of collapse if the SNP leap into the bed with the Tories and rut away with them to keep Scotland in the union.

Let's wait and see if that happens but in the meantime accept that winning elections does rather give some level of legitimacy to the position you are entitled to be in power.

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

f**k sake. Get a grip.

You do know that WMM simply cannot be accused of hyperbole here, don't you. This isn't some Twilight fan "pick a side" lark. This is real life. The Government, since 2010, has remorselessy targeted the most vulnerable in our society rather than care for them. This has resulted in a number of unnecessary deaths so fucking high that it has been internationally condemned on more than one occasion. They are literally killing off the poor and disabled.

If you are not angry/don't give a fúck about this, you are a part of the problem.

I don't think Labour support in Scotland eroded entirely because of the constitution. The rot had set in long before that, supporting austerity and bullshit wars - basically everything a Labour party shouldn't have been doing. 

Definitely paved the way for the SNP though. 

19 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

You do know that WMM simply cannot be accused of hyperbole here, don't you. This isn't some Twilight fan "pick a side" lark. This is real life. The Government, since 2010, has remorselessy targeted the most vulnerable in our society rather than care for them. This has resulted in a number of unnecessary deaths so fucking high that it has been internationally condemned on more than one occasion. They are literally killing off the poor and disabled.

If you are not angry/don't give a fúck about this, you are a part of the problem.

His best posts are the ones that get deleted before I've had a chance to ignore them

19 minutes ago, GiGi said:

I don't think Labour support in Scotland eroded entirely because of the constitution. The rot had set in long before that, supporting austerity and bullshit wars - basically everything a Labour party shouldn't have been doing. 

Definitely paved the way for the SNP though. 

Exactly

They took the votes for granted, cause who else are you going to vote for? The Tories?

I don’t think they’ve ever done some serious self reflection on why they collapsed in Scotland, still getting the impression they don’t believe they’ve done anything wrong. It’s the voters who are wrong 

32 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

f**k's sake, min. Look who you're talking to.

What exactly is a woke policy?

Nothing like stirring up fear as a policy winner eh 

As an example of the kind of radical policy he would like to see, Blair suggests tackling concerns about illegal immigration by introducing biometric ID as a precondition for accessing work and public services.

Edited by Clown Job

11 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

As an example of the kind of radical policy he would like to see, Blair suggests tackling concerns about illegal immigration by introducing biometric ID as a precondition for accessing work and public services.

Win back remainers by *checks notes* being a dickhead on immigration, citizens rights and universal access to services. Shut up Tony.

Invite government surveillance into every aspect of your life in exchange for keeping out the bogeyman of..... People you are never likely to meet or even walk past or be aware of, because their travel documents* don't look the same as yours

*yeah, skin, I know.

Why should anyone listen to that ghoul ? The most unpopular former PM still alive, still trying to push his ID card pish.

I'm only interested in what he has to say if he's saying it from a dock in The Haugue.

58 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

"Please don't vote for us"

clowns. 

You'd have thought the circumstances in which the Tory MP had been removed from a seat which had been held by Labour from 1932-2019 would have made this an easy by-election win, but clearly they've learned nothing about centrally imposing candidates on CLPs after Hartlepool.

1 hour ago, williemillersmoustache said:

"Please don't vote for us"

clowns. 

Would be interesting to know if the Labour Party have breached their own rules in doing this.  Maybe not, but if they have then a legal challenge would be fun.

The bios of the two hand picked candidates are horror shows. One who was President of Labour Students and now works for Community Trade Union and the old MPs assistant who walked into an NHS communications job when Creagh got booted for being a Remainer in a 60% Leave seat. 

The PLP is going to be exclusively clean shirt wankers by 2035 at this rate. At least the gay mafia and the religious loons give the SNP a bit of personality. 

Edited by Detournement

17 hours ago, Detective Jimmy McNulty said:

Aye maybe. Certainly from the outside looking in, Labour (with their newly elected OO member) being only the 2nd largest group asking the tories and a fringe anti devolution party for support could be perceived as prioritising 'national' issues over local ones. I don't think the optics are great for them tbh, but maybe that's exactly the message they're trying to send. I don't live there so don't really give a f**k tbh.

I did enjoy this bizarre comment under the article though. Going to start using 'very Karl Marx' to describe random things now.

Screenshot_20220512-232037_Chrome.jpg.bfb9be5fa9f1ed858e7d1ba799e61d18.jpg

I saw... somewhere, you see too many things in too many places nowadays to narrow it down, I saw someone say "Karl Marx was a capitalist, he wrote a book about it" the other day which I found amusing.

Or maybe it's an attempt to bring the Shiba Inu memes back. very karl marx, much capital

3 hours ago, Clown Job said:

I clicked on this to see what it actually said because I thought I must be missing something based on the bit you quoted. Reading the rest made it worse.