What is the point of Labour ?

pawpar

29 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

They're saying they always had a meeting after the end of the schedule to fine tune plans for the next day. It will be interesting if he refuses a fixed penalty notice and takes it to court, will he stand down temporarily until the verdict or resign immediately?

We had to take a 90 minute break so we could work for another 30 minutes. 

Sounds legit. 

3 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

It would be a sad state of affairs if Starmer and Rayner both get fixed penalties and both resign. So many saying if that happened BoJo would have to go too.

But would he? 

No because he's not as stupid as they are. 

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

We had to take a 90 minute break so we could work for another 30 minutes. 

Sounds legit. 

Is the 90 minutes from the leaked schedule? From the video through the window it looked like he was still working between munches and swigs, not like any party I'd want an invite to. I thought getting the police involved for No 10 was daft too, just a delay to stop the internal report coming out. Having police decide whether they want to charge someone a year after something that would only have merited a warning at the time is dumb, and all about political control over the police.

1 hour ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

No. They didn't admit Rayner was there until months later and confronted with direct photo evidence by the Mail.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/labour-admits-rayner-beergate-event-104357823.html

Edit: i might not be right about the timing but I have heard it repeated on Sky News in an interview with Wes Streeting (c**t)

Further edit: it seems the Mail asked about Rayner and her attendance was denied in January and the Mail held onto the denial to publish later because they knew it was a lie.

I don't get the motive in denying Raynor was there, sounds more like a fuckup to me.

11 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Iain Dale on LBC saying this whole farce all started because the SNP complained to the Met that Boris's parties should be investigated. 

This would make it even funnier.

Did he have curry and beers before he knocked over that deliveroo cyclist a while back ?

Absolutely not imo, but I'm sure the Daily Mail will ask the question on their front page a week before the next election if he lasts that long.

The only thing that annoys me about this whole situation is how now some can frame the alledged breaches as an equivalent scenario...
Boris is the one that continously mislead parliament and let's not forget the massive difference being he's the moron that actually set the rules that he broke himself. I don't actually think every politican that may have broken any rules should automatically resign but I think there's no solid argument that the PM shouldn't be held to a higher standard either way. 

I think a reasonable way to frame it is, if it had been widely reported at the time, would Johnson have been forced into resignation?

The answer there is undoubtedly yes. The general public were sitting at opposite ends of park benches with one parent at a time, and Johnson was gathering everyone round to watch him blow out his candles. That photo of the little garden party, which isn’t even one of the events the police are bothered about, would probably have done it on its own.

Would Starmer have been forced to resign if it had been widely reported at the time? Well, it was! And the police said there was nothing to worry about at the time as well. Imagine going back to April 2021 and being told this time next year, that event that Starmer has already been cleared for will bring him down.

Wild stuff.

30 minutes ago, Paco said:

I think a reasonable way to frame it is, if it had been widely reported at the time, would Johnson have been forced into resignation?

The answer there is undoubtedly yes. The general public were sitting at opposite ends of park benches with one parent at a time, and Johnson was gathering everyone round to watch him blow out his candles. That photo of the little garden party, which isn’t even one of the events the police are bothered about, would probably have done it on its own.

Would Starmer have been forced to resign if it had been widely reported at the time? Well, it was! And the police said there was nothing to worry about at the time as well. Imagine going back to April 2021 and being told this time next year, that event that Starmer has already been cleared for will bring him down.

Wild stuff.

Agree 100% nothing I can really add but one of the things that I've found utterly ridiculous yet not surprising was the Daily Mail doing a front page 3 weeks back about how the country needs to focus on Ukraine and move past partygate and here we are in the present and they've been blowing their load every day over every totally insignificant update regarding "beergate"

20 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

..and yet you yourself call the fat cűnt by his stage name. How easy to manipulate we are.

I dunno, I call Nicola Sturgeon "Nicola" quite a lot and refer to Keir Starmer as "Keir" often so I'm not sure what this grand manipulation is other than I sometimes call politicians by the first name... 

If I was speaking to someone in a different setting I'd probably use the full name but on here it's just easier as a mobile poster and everyone knows who I'm referring to. 

The point of my post was that the fat c***s by far more at fault out of all of this and should resign, which he won't unless he knows he'll be kicked out because he's got zero integrity and is generally quite a detestable individual. 

How can Sir Keir Starmer ever be trusted to look after are country after this reckless gamble ? I would no sooner hand him the keys to my Kia, than are precious Trident nuclear weapons.

45 minutes ago, Detective Jimmy McNulty said:

How can Sir Keir Starmer ever be trusted to look after are country after this reckless gamble ? I would no sooner hand him the keys to my Kia, than are precious Trident nuclear weapons.

I'm no great fan of Starmer, but he is not a stupid man. He would not offer to resign if he actually believed he'd be fined. Would not surprise me if he is able to proved beyond doubt that it was all work related.

By offering to resign, he backs Bojo into a corner now. 

50 minutes ago, Detective Jimmy McNulty said:

Seriously? 😂

BoJo is such an eejit if he said he was going to nuke Moscow, folk in Ayrshire would s#it themselves. 

8 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

I'm no great fan of Starmer, but he is not a stupid man. He would not offer to resign if he actually believed he'd be fined. Would not surprise me if he is able to proved beyond doubt that it was all work related.

20220509_224504.thumb.jpg.8a9d9aad46836f176436feda674ec469.jpg

6 more weeks of this.

9 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

By offering to resign, he backs Bojo into a corner now. 

He's already been found out to have misled on the Rayner thing and that the event was preplanned, that's what the tories will focus on. You think Johnson is going to magically fall on his sword ?