What is the point of Labour ?

pawpar

Just now, O'Kelly Isley III said:

The London centric media obsessing with Barnet, Wandsworth and Westminster councils, the last time I looked the Lib Dems were up 176 to Lanbour's +48.  If I were in Labour HQ I'd hold the champers for now.

Westminster and Wandsworth!

Starmer has proved he can win in the North and South (of London)

Dianne Abbot saying she doesn’t think Starmer will be fined but if he is he should “consider his position”.

She’s wrong.  If he’s fined and does not successfully appeal it he should resign; no consideration required.

Labour shooting itself in the face for no apparent reason, again, now underway.

To which Bozo will laugh and quip don't let the door hit you on the arse on your way out as he carries on regardless. There is no moral high ground when it comes to an uber c**t like Johnson.

12 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
2 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:
Labour shooting itself in the face for no apparent reason, again, now underway.

To which Bozo will laugh and quip don't let the door hit you on the arse on your way out as he carries on regardless. There is no moral high ground when it comes to an uber c**t like Johnson.

This is pretty much Labour’s (latest) miscalculation. They’re desperately trying to set up Starmer as the reasonable, honest, honourable politician  in contrast to Johnson and his government’s lying, corrupt charlatans. It’s a non-starter precisely because Johnson is a lying, corrupt charlatan - why would he give a shit? His supporters have always known what he is and not cared/rewarded him for it.

Starmer can’t gain anything from winning a more positive reputation than Johnson when Johnson has never had a good one (and has found that being a rogue has only enhanced his public persona amongst the people who hold the keys to No 10).

2 minutes ago, Antlion said:

This is pretty much Labour’s (latest) miscalculation. They’re desperately trying to set up Starmer as the reasonable, honest, honourable politician  in contrast to Johnson and his government’s lying, corrupt charlatans. It’s a non-starter precisely because Johnson is a lying, corrupt charlatan - why would he give a shit? His supporters have always known what he is and not cared/rewarded him for it.

Starmer can’t gain anything from winning a more positive reputation than Johnson when Johnson has never had a good one (and has found that being a rogue has only enhanced his public persona amongst the people who hold the keys to No 10).

I'll say this. It is politically brave, bold and principled of him if he does commit to resigning should he be fined. But I don't think it's going to work. 

All set for the optimum Tory and hilarious outcome of Starmer commiting political seppuku while BawJaws blunders on unscathed. 

22 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Tough one with so much talent around. Looking at Streeting, Nandy, Burgon, or maybe get an ex MP in via the Lords, like Hugh Gaffney.

Maybe give Ed Miliband another chance.  If Mark McGhee deserves a job then so does Ed.