What is the point of Labour ?

pawpar

It’s probably going to work out for the better if they expel everyone who’s actually did the leg work to make this horrible country a slightly better place to live. I have faith the remaining talent can turn it around with no money and members.

They are a hollowed out husk of a party now. Members leaving in droves, cash reserves all gone, a parliamentary party that is uninspiring to say the least. The front bench is hopeless, the backbench is even worse.

No vision, no charisma (not just Starmer - the whole front bench. Think back to Blair's first cabinet - he had folk with character like Robin Cook who could easily take to a TV studio and do well. Starmer's lot shouldn't even be let out the house).

They're down to the inertia vote, folk that vote Labour because they just do and always have. They have come out with a "new deal for working people". I can't be bothered even finding out what is in it.

2 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

They are a hollowed out husk of a party now. Members leaving in droves, cash reserves all gone, a parliamentary party that is uninspiring to say the least. The front bench is hopeless, the backbench is even worse.

No vision, no charisma (not just Starmer - the whole front bench. Think back to Blair's first cabinet - he had folk with character like Robin Cook who could easily take to a TV studio and do well. Starmer's lot shouldn't even be let out the house).

They're down to the inertia vote, folk that vote Labour because they just do and always have. They have come out with a "new deal for working people". I can't be bothered even finding out what is in it.

That’s a fair summary.  If you believe in democracy it should also be very frightening that this increasingly ideologically driven right-wing of government has such a poor opposition.

Given the control Westminster has I’m very worried about the democratic deficit, the people of England should probably be even more worried.

On 16/07/2021 at 15:46, invergowrie arab said:

Are Labour just fucking useless at comms now or do the media just not bother with them?

I would genuinely struggle to tell you the last time I heard Starmer speak or read something he had said or done.

I have seen Annelise Dodds in some grainy video from her kitchen. 

Possibly the worst Labour hairdo since Helen Liddell.

4 minutes ago, Frank Sobotka said:

I clicked that and disapprovingly tutted at typical Tory behaviour, scrolled down the replies and twigged that this is a Labour mp and I'm on "what is the point in labour". What indeed is the point of Labour?

Just now, GordonS said:

Thought this might have featured here - Labour came third in a council by-election in Livingston, in what was until very recently solid Labour country. They lost a huge chunk of their share.

I hope to one day vote for a centre left labour party in a normal, independent Scotland. As it stands, hell mend them. 

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

Thought this might have featured here - Labour came third in a council by-election in Livingston, in what was until very recently solid Labour country. They lost a huge chunk of their share.

What sort of servile, self-hating, piece of shit Labour voter would make Conservative their second choice?

Quite a few by the looks of things.  :(

Just did my postal vote for an Inverness West by election, no Labour candidate. Normally don't vote by party in local elections, but went for SNP because she seemed to be the only candidate actually involved in local issues, setting up cafe meetings for the bereaved, other things for the homeless etc. Voted Green no 2 but left the rest blank as they looked like a bunch of arseholes on the make. If there had been a decent Labour candidate I would have ticked his/hers box somewhere on the list.

Edited by welshbairn