What is the point of Labour ?

pawpar

5 hours ago, Pato said:

I dunno how you get the young fired up to vote for Labour when this kind of shit is routine among Labour drones

I agree.

The tweet is moronic.  Why vote at all?  Somebody is going to win and then whoever it is will be your local champion.  Hurrah.

In the meantime, a government you despise has been elected yet again.  Some people never see the big picture.

29 minutes ago, Avon Barksdale said:

PR would give people an option other than Labour in England.

Which is one of the reasons most of the party is against it.

The sad thing is you are probably right.

They fail to notice that the existing system also gives an option other than Labour and it has been taken up for the last four elections.

14 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Always thought Clive Lewis would have been a decent option but he didn’t want to go for it.

Clive will be a good Cabinet member once we get back to choosing on ability. I'd have him as shdow foreign.

13 hours ago, Pato said:

does he not have some sexual harassment skeletons in his closet?

He had a load of allegations thrown at him thrown at him back when anyone seen as part of the "Corbyn Project" had to be vilified, due to the almighty scare the 2017 election gave the tories and their media chums. Not just the sexual harrassment, he was apparently misogynistic and a bit of a coconut. Not surprising he doesn't want to go for the big job. 

10 hours ago, Fullerene said:

I agree.

The tweet is moronic.  Why vote at all?  Somebody is going to win and then whoever it is will be your local champion.  Hurrah.

In the meantime, a government you despise has been elected yet again.  Some people never see the big picture.

I was listening to (catching up with) Alexei Sayle's podcast this morning, and this "local champion" bollocks came up with regard to the Hartlepool by-election. This was the seat of one P. Mandelson in the Blair years. A man who couldn't recognise mushy peas when he saw them. A man who required a native guide if ever he ventured outside the M25. 

3 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Clive will be a good Cabinet member once we get back to choosing on ability. I'd have him as shdow foreign.

He had a load of allegations thrown at him thrown at him back when anyone seen as part of the "Corbyn Project" had to be vilified, due to the almighty scare the 2017 election gave the tories and their media chums. Not just the sexual harrassment, he was apparently misogynistic and a bit of a coconut. Not surprising he doesn't want to go for the big job. 

There might be an element of that I haven't a clue but criticism of Lewis wasn't limited to opponents of Corbyn.

42 minutes ago, jakedee said:
6 hours ago, Detournement said:
Clive Lewis.
Letf wing but went to Sandhurst in 2005. Not at all dodgy.

What is dodgy about going to Sandhurst ?

Why would a left wing journalist in 2005 decide that they want to get involved in the War on Terror?

His career path is NUS, BBC, Army, MP.

Why would a left wing journalist in 2005 decide that they want to get involved in the War on Terror?
His career path is NUS, BBC, Army, MP.
Ah, so not specifically Sandhurst then, just the armed forces in general.
Maybe he was just bored at w/ends.

3 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Jezza in his element here.

You couldn’t fit a Hamas flag between him and 1990s George Galloway.

Good stuff. He was a shite party leader, but his heart's in the right place. I imagine the MSM will be absolutely furious. 

1 hour ago, Day of the Lords said:

Good stuff. He was a shite party leader, but his heart's in the right place. I imagine the MSM will be absolutely furious. 

I kinda look back on the Jez years warmly. What he was proposing was unpopular with middle England and terribly presented, but it was genuinely held and you had an idea of what he was all about.

Sir Keith is the equivalent of an IKEA Lack coffee table. It's there, it's not exciting and you have to put the pieces together yourself. 

Edited by speckled tangerine