What is the point of Labour ?

pawpar

I thought that Starmer was at least an intelligent bloke, even if he is trying to lead an unelectable shower, but no. 

After over a year of the biggest worldwide health disaster for over a century, he points out in his Commons speech that life expectancy as stalled. Really? I mean how could that possibly have happened? What could possibly have resulted in more people shrugging off their mortal coils earlier than usual? 

He should have run that bit past a 10 year old with a basic grasp of "doing sums". 

Idiot. 

Edited by Salt n Vinegar

I thought that Starmer was at least an intelligent bloke, even if he is trying to lead an unelectable shower, but no. 
After over a year of the biggest worldwide health disaster for over a century, he points out in his Commons speech that life expectancy as stalled. Really? I mean how could that possibly have happened? What could possibly have resulted in more people shrugging off their mortal coils earlier than usual? 
He should have run that bit past a 10 year old with a basic grasp of "doing sums". 
Idiot. 
To be fair, life expectancy in the UK had stalled before the pandemic and had started falling in some areas. Nothing to do with Covid.

14 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Idiot. 

It was happening prior to the pandemic. 

Starmer is a clown but you have managed to one up him. 

2 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Not to worry, one of the SNP’s biggest backers/donors is a massive god bothering homophobe so you’ve still got that area well covered.102B6675-09B1-444C-AAD2-4509D8009B27.png.1023e8b3477c6f2c917461c88cd11bc3.png

I take some comfort in the fact that the policies of successive SNP governments have not been influenced by the homophobic god botherer.  Quite the reverse in fact.

45 minutes ago, Detournement said:

It was happening prior to the pandemic. 

Starmer is a clown but you have managed to one up him. 

Really? One might almost think that if he wanted to make that political point, that's the way he would say it.  0 out of 10 for political impact. 

(Best excuse I could come up with at short notice 😐

I still wouldn't send him for a loaf. 

1 minute ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Really? One might almost think that if he wanted to make that political point, that's the way he would say it.  0 out of 10 for political impact. 

(Best excuse I could come up with at short notice 😐

I still wouldn't send him for a loaf. 

Yes, I think the stalling is mainly down to obesity.

Cant be smoking as it’s greatly reduced.

So Tim Shipman, previously thought to be the worst Shipman of all time until last weekend, has disappeared off Twitter since his tweet-and-delete expose about Jenny Chapman being banned from Starmers house by Keith's wife.

Theories on what's happened to him?

Israel/Palestine?  Resolve the tensions? Seems to me that it is pretty difficult for rational folk to involve themselves in a conflict between two groups of folk arguing over a piece of land that both sincerely believe was given exclusively to their group by a god.

Still, our Head of State thinks that a god gave her a role in government and that the same god insists that her son should inherit it, so the UK is not really in much of a position to criticise either side in their dispute. 

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

Grace is one of the most intelligent UK commentators. What she says there is basic stuff.

If you think that's the same thing it's says more about you. 

That's nearly as damning an indictment of the UK commentariat as Pep saying Wings was the same thing

S04E02-RbQfFXko-subtitled.jpg&key=35d1412fba39ae466b9d1c8713348332fed6123de6fbc886eb455ad3e464ffe0
Same vibe.

To save everyone else the bother of googling it

Grace Blakely attended Lord Wandsworth College

Fees at Lord Wandsworth College are currently £8,630 a year (with another three grand for boarding)

So it’s a good deal downmarket from Dominic Cummings’ old school, upmarket from Joanna Cherry’s and cheaper than Anas Sarwar’s

12 minutes ago, Detournement said:

I don't think so. She writes very well on economics and was spot on about Brexit. 

I think she's fine as an intro to specific concepts but treating her as the authority on economics is very silly. I'd still probably recommend Yates' Can The Working Class Change the World as a better alternative as well.