What is the point of Labour ?

pawpar

Sienna Rodgers reporting that Labour sources are telling her they've had an "atrocious" day in Sunderland.

Remember that these c***s deliberately undermined the 2017 and 2019 election campaigns. Get it right fucking up them.

Edited by G51

37 minutes ago, G51 said:

keith

That's unbelievable. There's no doubt that the vast majority of the public would want fire & rehire banned. What possible upside could there be for Starmer? 

They really shouldn't be allowed to call themselves Labour any more.

37 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

This is what happens when you try to be Tory lite and pander to fucking bigots.

If Labour do as badly as some are saying you would genuinely have to think that Starmer is a goner.

I know, but they tried the “1970’s Corbyn type Labour” and it was a disaster also. Labour are in a dreadful place. Either pander to all these trade union lunatics, or try and make themselves “electable” with a Blair type approach! No win situation.

Just now, Glen Sannox said:

I know, but they tried the “1970’s Corbyn type Labour” and it was a disaster also. Labour are in a dreadful place. Either pander to all these trade union lunatics, or try and make themselves “electable” with a Blair type approach! No win situation.

Labour's woes have literally nothing to do with their industrial and employment policies.

The leadership and the PLP are a bunch of self serving arseholes, more worried about using their positions to launch into other roles with bookmakers, pay day lenders and such. Self important careerists more interested in appeasing a handful of pseudo Tory wealthy donors than advocating for the transformative change that millions in this country need. Absolutely nothing but contempt for these sneering hypocrites who consistently throw tantrums everytime they don't get their way.

One of Labours problems is that the modern day divide is less about the North and the South (though that divide definitely still exists), and more about homeowners vs renters.

Places in the "Red Wall" have a huge number of homeowners. These places aren't safe Labour seats because Labour no longer aligns with their economic interests.

Safe Labour seats are in the cities these days.

Absolutely. The media would have you think that the red wall is all boys in flat caps turning Tory. The reality is that it it's a pretty large number of pensioners and, homeowners and business owners with two cars being described as working class, while young renters on shit wages in London are the metropolitan elite.

Just another day on normal island tbh.

16 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

Literally nothing you say. I would disagree with that. 

That's because it suits your political opinions, but there's nothing in the research to support it. In fact, a lack of support for workers is one of the things that has harmed them. Lower paid workers, especially in traditional working class areas, believe Labour cares much more about social and identity issues than economic issues that matter to them.

5 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Met the Labour party at a charity do once, they were surprisingly down to earth and very funny.

Well I didn’t know there was an area of Northumberland which sounded like a 1930s female aviator.

1 minute ago, Antlion said:

Well I didn’t know there was an area of Northumberland which sounded like a 1930s female aviator.

I think there's a place in Aberdeen with the same name.

Must have been some girl.