What is the point of Labour ?

pawpar

Labour are genuinely hilarious.

Maybe we should have a review to develop a coherent set of principles, positions and policies and that will offer people all over the UK a viable, attractive, left of centre alternative to a shockingly incompetent and corrupt Tory government?

Have you considered suits and flegs tho?

50 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

another example of why federalism won’t happen under this iteration of Labour. They’re centralising fannies who can’t countenance giving away a sliver of control.

Was just going to post that in here too.

I dunno lads, it seems to me as if deliberately getting rid of your organisers might have an adverse effect in winning elections! Maybe the sensible grown-ups aren't actually that clever! Or maybe this is malicious, on purpose and deliberate?! Who knows?!

Every day now is just waking up thinking "I wonder what Keith Starmer's Labour party will do today that will absolutely infuriate me"

7 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

'So, I can count on your vote on Thursday yeah ?'

IMG_20210203_214005.thumb.jpg.b0163e8840bc0260640489e86fa57a31.jpg

Why does he always look like Wallace, worried that he might have inadvertently followed through on a crafty fart during a dinner party at Downton Abbey?

F7A35E27-976B-4006-8A59-7CB458BD00B2.jpeg

9E4FFCC7-4780-4E44-B319-807588BCCEA1.jpeg

8295A5D5-4574-437F-A8DF-038B1172B396.jpeg

On 02/02/2021 at 23:29, Antlion said:

MOAR NATIONALISM! It seems clear that Starmer thinks going Tory light will win back the red wall racists. The problem he has is that Labour will be never seen as being quite as racist and nationalist as the Tories and UKIP. If support for Labour rises in its old English heartlands (they’ve given up on Scotland, at least) if will be because the Tories lose it, not because Labour win it.

9 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I see you and raise you...

E6506B64-E4D1-4E6E-A7F6-0378DCE8EC98.jpeg.696582a7ead8a25a693faf0dfb560a34.jpeg

Flags are a red neck. 

image.png

My uneducated guess is that Starmer's trying to play a 2024 long game because he knows he'll never win a general election without Middle England and softer Tories onboard (especially now the days of getting a guaranteed 40+ seats from Scotland are long gone) hence all the flagshagging nonsense that will, alas, only get more overt.

The political compass just seems to be moving further right, especially south of the border. Depressing stuff.

Think the reason Starmer hasn’t made any real headway since becoming leader of the opposition, hard to believe given who presently sits in government at WM, is that he comes across as just another career politician, another professional actor, straight off the conveyer belt with seemingly no open, genuine convictions whatsoever (despite his previous vocation), better suited to the stage.

Starmer coming under pressure from his own colleagues to attack Johnson on Brexit.  I can’t understand why he’s not doing this already.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/feb/13/keir-starmer-facing-pressure-to-end-silence-on-tory-brexit-failures

I heard Alastair Campbell (yes, I know, but he was effective at what he did) on the radio tonight and he was advising Starmer to attack Johnson on Brexit and Covid on the reasonable grounds that you don't win elections by saying "I agree with you but..."

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Starmer coming under pressure from his own colleagues to attack Johnson on Brexit.  I can’t understand why he’s not doing this already.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/feb/13/keir-starmer-facing-pressure-to-end-silence-on-tory-brexit-failures

Could be wrong, but I'd guess he's trying not to put off the BREXIT MEANS BREXIT crowd, who aren't remotely interested in whether this is going well or not, but would take any attempt to point it out as the work of remoaner scum who just aren't British enough.

It seems pretty clear that Starmer's idea is to do nothing and hope the Tories f**k up over the next few years, which is a thoroughly depressing state of affairs.