What is the point of Labour ?

pawpar

It feels like people have been saying that Sarwar will be their next leader for absolute donkey's years at this point, so I'm surprised to see that he only seems to have run for the leadership once before.

That's some list of former leaders, by the way. An inspiring selection.

28 minutes ago, BFTD said:

It feels like people have been saying that Sarwar will be their next leader for absolute donkey's years at this point, so I'm surprised to see that he only seems to have run for the leadership once before.

That's some list of former leaders, by the way. An inspiring selection.

How does predictive text change ‘shite’ to ‘inspiring’?

37 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Surely most of them will want to avoid it at the moment, as none of them want to be at the top when they take a record drubbing in the upcoming election.

People like Sarwar, Baillie and Murray believe if Labour revert back to new Labour then everyone will flock back to voting for them again.

They want to get away from the Corbyn image just like Starmer is trying to do in England and be more like Tony Blair Labour.

Labour in Scotland will do the same except  they will throw a couple of new, irrelevant powers to the Scottish parliament and claim it's devo max super plus.

5 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

People like Sarwar, Baillie and Murray believe if Labour revert back to new Labour then everyone will flock back to voting for them again.

They want to get away from the Corbyn image just like Starmer is trying to do in England and be more like Tony Blair Labour.

Labour in Scotland will do the same except  they will throw a couple of new, irrelevant powers to the Scottish parliament and claim it's devo max super plus.

Would certainly be a better strat that than what they've been doing the past 5-10 years.

1 minute ago, Stormzy said:

Would certainly be a better strat that than what they've been doing the past 5-10 years.

Better in what way? They take over from the Tories in 2nd place? They avoid single digit polling?  

Going all Tony Blair new Labour is not going to save them.. 

19 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

That's genuinely class. I will say this every time Findlay calls his colleagues 'c***s' in the national press.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Surely most of them will want to avoid it at the moment, as none of them want to be at the top when they take a record drubbing in the upcoming election.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility they could finish 4th.

1 hour ago, Colkitto said:

Better in what way? They take over from the Tories in 2nd place? They avoid single digit polling?  

Going all Tony Blair new Labour is not going to save them.. 

Pretty much. They have a long journey ahead of they're to come back to any sort of relevance in Scotland and this would be a decent start imo. 

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

It's not beyond the realms of possibility they could finish 4th.

That would be a lovely intro for the new leader.

And in a couple of years when Anus resigns and fatty Baillie takes over they’ll finish behind the monster raving loonies.

2 hours ago, Stormzy said:

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

They've had a strategy?!

No. Read what Stormzy actually said. We need to get back to guitar-playing Labour leaders.

Here's Tony rocking with his Fender Strat

Paddy Raff on Twitter: "I remember with terror the day I saw this picture  for the first time, not long after I'd bought my first electric guitar in  2001 aged 17, &

It might have been  better if he had plugged it into an amplifier, though.

5 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Jackie Baillie. The Tommy Craig of Scottish Labour. Is trusted to be an assistant. Gets occasional stand in gigs. But you know it's a disaster whenever they are likely to get the job permanently. 

Unbelievable - I was about to post exactly this when I saw yours.  And I know the woman personally.