What is the point of Labour ?

pawpar

28 minutes ago, the snudge said:

Jackie Baillie only kept her seat by a couple of hundred votes here. If the SNP had fielded a big name she'd have been booted out. 

The uber yoons in Helensburgh kept her in. What I love about Jackie, is nothing. However I do admire her ability to directly be responsible for the closure of the local A&E in the vale and at the same time blame others for essentially not stopping her. Spectacular. 

11 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

London Centrists get me 

Gordon Brown may not be without his faults but there aren't many politicians of his calibre in the UK.  I would argue that the UK would be in a far better position with him as PM managing the pandemic than the clowns currently in Westminster.

Given that I'm not a Scottish Lab voter, not entirely sure why I'm defending him.

Just now, Aladdin said:

Gordon Brown may not be without his faults but there aren't many politicians of his calibre in the UK.  I would argue that the UK would be in a far better position with him as PM managing the pandemic than the clowns currently in Westminster.

Given that I'm not a Scottish Lab voter, not entirely sure why I'm defending him.

Realistically the UK would be in a lot better with the rotting corpse of Rose West as PM so its not much of an endorsement.

*May be pish about Welsh Labour leader Mike Davies or something

1 minute ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
37 minutes ago, the snudge said:
Jackie Baillie only kept her seat by a couple of hundred votes here. If the SNP had fielded a big name she'd have been booted out. 

Absolutely. They didn't need a big name, only a remotely competent one. Tony Gugliano has the chance this time, TBH I don't know a great deal about him.

Hes a career type dude. Only thing I like about him is his background in mental health. The candidates the snp are fielding seem to have a fleeting interest in the area 

11 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Realistically the UK would be in a lot better with the rotting corpse of Rose West as PM so its not much of an endorsement.

*May be pish about Welsh Labour leader Mike Davies or something

Rose West is very much alive and well and going by the name Jennifer Jones, thank you very much.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/killer-rose-west-name-change-jennifer-jones-b471702.html?amp

15 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Apparently Welsh Labour leader gone too.  We are witnessing the end days of the union.

I repeatedly referred to Drakeford as Carwyn Jones for about 6 months after he replaced Jones and even people within Labour didn't correct me.