What is the point of Labour ?

pawpar

31 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Leonard takes his usual 10m to deliver a Q at FMQ regarding some woman who has booked a holiday to Tenerife saying she was confused by the new regs coming in tomorrow and should she go. He's fully expecting a firm "no one should be travelling abroad at this time" as NS gets to her feet to tell Leonard the same woman has also written to NS and she has replied to her that due to her particular circumstances she can go and enjoy her well earned rest. He looked genuinely deflated like a balloon going down.

I think Nicola Sturgeon over exaggerated a bit with the "well earned rest" part when she wrote to Jackie Bailie tbh.

Leonard takes his usual 10m to deliver a Q at FMQ regarding some woman who has booked a holiday to Tenerife saying she was confused by the new regs coming in tomorrow and should she go. He's fully expecting a firm "no one should be travelling abroad at this time" as NS gets to her feet to tell Leonard the same woman has also written to NS and she has replied to her that due to her particular circumstances she can go and enjoy her well earned rest. He looked genuinely deflated like a balloon going down.

What’s the patter here? I genuinely don’t get it. Do people need to ask Sturgeon if they qualify for a wee holiday?

10 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

What’s the patter here? I genuinely don’t get it. Do people need to ask Sturgeon if they qualify for a wee holiday?

It was a woman with terminal cancer wanting a probable last holiday asking along with the Daily Record whether she could go. The rules are that she can, she didn't have to ask Nicola for permission.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It was a woman with terminal cancer wanting a probable last holiday asking along with the Daily Record whether she could go. The rules are that she can, she didn't have to ask Nicola for permission.

The very fact that they would even sink so low as to make a political weapon out of a terminally ill person during this time is beyond horrendous.

20 minutes ago, ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) said:

The very fact that they would even sink so low as to make a political weapon out of a terminally ill person during this time is beyond horrendous.

To be fair, if that person has sought the opinion of 2 party leaders then the potential for becoming part of the argument exists. I take your point but there may be others with similar conditions who will benefit from the response so irrespective of why he did it, there may be value in having raised it. 

4 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Just watched it on rewind, blustering on with his third question after expecting her to be shaken by his gotcha second question would have been hilarious in any other context. Heard the Green rep claiming that people quarantined in New Zealand got free hotel rooms and meals provided. That has changed, my sister has just left isolation there with a bill for NZ$3,100, about £1500. Classy Christchurch hotel though, with a top chef. They lent her an exercise bike for her room. 

P.S. There's another obvious reason why NZ is a bad parallel to use for people being told to self isolate. They closed off the borders almost immediately, so they have hardly any cases. The cost will be negligible compared to Scotland. 

Edited by welshbairn

40 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Cancer or not, she could've at least let Dickie know that Nic had sorted it for her instead of making him look like an idiot.

No, it's entirely on him. I can't believe he raised that at FMQs without getting in touch with her and saying "hey, I'd like to raise this with the First Minister, is that alright with you?" It's amateur hour.

1 hour ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Cancer or not, she could've at least let Dickie know that Nic had sorted it for her instead of making him look like an idiot.

Absolutely top trolling of wee Dickie there. Hope she has a good laugh about it sipping sangria on a beach.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Just watched it on rewind, blustering on with his third question after expecting her to be shaken by his gotcha second question would have been hilarious in any other context. Heard the Green rep claiming that people quarantined in New Zealand got free hotel rooms and meals provided. That has changed, my sister has just left isolation there with a bill for NZ$3,100, about £1500. Classy Christchurch hotel though, with a top chef. They lent her an exercise bike for her room. 

P.S. There's another obvious reason why NZ is a bad parallel to use for people being told to self isolate. They closed off the borders almost immediately, so they have hardly any cases. The cost will be negligible compared to Scotland. 

They also have no land borders obviously.

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

No, it's entirely on him. I can't believe he raised that at FMQs without getting in touch with her and saying "hey, I'd like to raise this with the First Minister, is that alright with you?" It's amateur hour.

We all know exactly what the p***k was trying. Delighted it backfired.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

They also have no land borders obviously.

Yes, it was nearly uniquely easy, and they acted very quickly. Imagine how silly they would have looked if it had been like a normal bad cold coronavirus!

Aye, an 'era of retreat' that's seen the UK involved in at least 3 horrendous conflicts and god knows what other 'off the books' stuff alongside trying to noise up Iran and China whilst funding and punting gear to some of the worst people on earth.