What is the point of Labour ?

pawpar

This wee diversion is relevant to the point of Labour because Labour staffer types are obsessed by the West Wing, and it doesn't do them any good.
I think the ww inspired a lot of people - discussed particularly in relation to the Obama effect.

I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. That idealised version of public service is a noble one.

My issue with the labour centrists is that they're not doing this for the good of public service - because they don't actually want to change anything. I think they just like being in charge for the sake for it, and creaming off enough for themselves (the new labour mob were full of these c***s, and their brand is politics can't really be compared to sorkin's ideals).

1 hour ago, DrewDon said:

I thought The Newsroom was saccharine shite. 

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

You’re entitled to your opinion, even if it is pish.  That’s democracy.

Can't imagine where Drew got this take from

39 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

He regularly comes across like this.

The way he responded to the Hillsborough enquiry calls was very impressive back in the day.

He's a very prolific actor. Keir Starmer could learn a thing or two from him on how to at least act slightly less right wing.

1 hour ago, DrewDon said:

Yeah, that was the scene that finally did it for me. Absolutely gone at the handshake. 

Judging a show based on one or two scenes is like judging your team based on one or two performances.

Judging a show based on one or two scenes is like judging your team based on one or two performances.
He's not judging it on one or two scenes you old fanny. He's watched it from the beginning, and that was the scene (which wasn't early on in the series) he's finally came to his judgment.

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:
29 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

He's not judging it on one or two scenes you old fanny. He's watched it from the beginning, and that was the scene (which wasn't early on in the series) he's finally came to his judgment.

Aggressive for a wimp.

2 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Yeah, that was the scene that finally did it for me. Absolutely gone at the handshake. 

I don't mind that scene, the killing of Bin Laden was very cathartic for a lot of Americans. Remember the celebrations in New York that night? 

34 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I don't mind that scene, the killing of Bin Laden was very cathartic for a lot of Americans. Remember the celebrations in New York that night? 

You aren't getting mixed up with Trump's fabled Muslims dancing in New Jersey on 9/11?