What is the point of Labour ?

pawpar

Made me wonder why he's making Douglas Hurd the leader of the Labour Party rather than any obvious antisemitism. Miliband just has the Mr Bean about him, there's no getting away from it. If he'd been trying to eat a chicken burger or a gefilte fish bagel the reaction would have been the same.

Edited by welshbairn

Every public Scottish Labour figure keeps telling me how much of a nice guy Ian Murray is which is funny given everyone I know personally active in his CLP says he presides over a bullying culture from the right of the party.

2 hours ago, NotThePars said:

That's the Labour front bench just received a ringing endorsement from *checks notes* George Osborne, the architect of austerity. Well done, lads.

The same George Osbourne who seemed more than happy to serve alongside William Hague who delivered a far worse electoral result than Ed Miliband ever did.

5 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

The vacuous bint Jess Phillips has been given a junior shadow minister roll.  Hopefully give her less media coverage than she gets at present.

She has a relatively minor position, and I think she'll do less damage there than she would outside the Shadow Cabinet, potentially, making trouble for the Leadership. She's also got plenty of experience in dealing with abusive scumbags online so has some expertise in the new role. It seems a sensible enough move by Starmer, to me.

That's the Labour front bench just received a ringing endorsement from *checks notes* George Osborne, the architect of austerity. Well done, lads.

Awful man, but he’s stating the obvious. Should be good to actually have an opposition again.

The real opposition has already started. Two hugely impressive interviews from Keir and Lisa this morning on Sky and the BBC. Well I’m saying that, maybe it’s just a change to hear from people who are competent.

I watched ‘Labour: The Wilderness Years’ on Friday and it was eye opening to hear Lansman, Corbyn and others spouting the same shite in the early 80s as they do now. A parrot could do it. Which is why Corbyns opposition was so weak. When you spout the same shit over and over, people stop listening and the government are happy to ignore.

I think we’ll see proper opposition now, reacting to the world now and what is actually happening while offering proper criticism and solutions. It’s a good start.

2 hours ago, BerwickMad said:

The real opposition has already started. Two hugely impressive interviews from Keir and Lisa this morning on Sky and the BBC. Well I’m saying that, maybe it’s just a change to hear from people who are competent.

I watched ‘Labour: The Wilderness Years’ on Friday and it was eye opening to hear Lansman, Corbyn and others spouting the same shite in the early 80s as they do now. A parrot could do it. Which is why Corbyns opposition was so weak. When you spout the same shit over and over, people stop listening and the government are happy to ignore.

I think we’ll see proper opposition now, reacting to the world now and what is actually happening while offering proper criticism and solutions. It’s a good start.

hWKxlTm__400x400.jpg

Yup. As someone who has campaigned at every GE since 92 I find it disgusting that McNicol as General Secretary was working against the Corbyn leadership and would have preferred a Tory government. Oldknow should be forced to resign from her senior position at Unison. Here's further evidence of Labour's senior management team shitting themselves as Labour  close in the polls in 2017. 

Less than a week before polling day, Survation cut the Conservative lead to just one point, while another pollster, ORB, had the Tories nine points ahead. Naturally Labour’s senior team viewed the worst poll as good news.

03/06/2017, 20:50 – Patrick Heneghan: Westminstervoting intention:

CON: 40% (-6) LAB: 39% (+5) LDEM: 8% (-) UKIP: 5% (+2)

(via @Survation / 03 Jun)

03/06/2017, 20:50 – NeilFleming: 😱

03/06/2017, 20:54 – Neil Fleming: Wtf is going on. Polling industry may as well fold up.

03/06/2017, 20:54 – TraceyAllen: It is doing my head in.

03/06/2017, 21:02 – Julie Lawrence: 😳

03/06/2017, 21:04 – Tracey Allen: Long 5 days to go

03/06/2017, 21:12 – PatrickHeneghan: Westminster voting intention:

CON: 45% (+1) LAB: 36%(-2) LDEM: 8% (+1) UKIP: 4% (-1)

(via ORB / 31 May – 01 Jun)

03/06/2017, 21:13 – Neil Fleming: Good old ORB

Edited by Bedford White

My low-key favourite response to these leaks has been from James Ball who's been crying about data protection breaches from loads of his pals getting named and shamed for being snivelling little c***s. James Ball made his name at Wikileaks btw.

47 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Just tuning into FM's questions.  Leonard asks a question, has it answered, and then asks essentially the same question again. Probably just reading from a list.  The guy just comes over as someone out of his depth.

Surely that's appropriate from the (Scottish) Labour Party