What is the point of Labour ?

pawpar

20 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

There will be pressure on Labour to match the Tories on anti immigrant actions and vitriol, while Cummings pretends to help the working classes. 

Yip the tories will borrow borrow borrow to build some shiny things and the masses will lap it up

5 hours ago, Detournement said:

May was so unpopular she got 14m votes!

The Labour slide between June 2017 and December 2019 was down to a lot of factors but Corbyn didn't change and the only Labour policy that changed was Brexit.

Also anyone who says Corbyn is the worst LOTO ever should be roundly ignored. They are either mindlessly parroting right wing talking points or are brain damaged to the extent they don't remember IDS, Hague or Howard. 

Maybe the fact that Corbyn hadn't changed despite losing the previous election was a factor.  Did you ever consider that?

13 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

To lose one election may be regarded as misfortune. To lose both looks like carelessness

In 2017 there was some allowance made for the possibility that Corbyn would win against all predictions and expectations.  Maybe unlikely but May was devoid of personality and I am sure some journalists had written article about how they had predicted it all along.

In 2019 Jeremy Corbyn was a proven loser going up against a more formidable opponent.  Nobody expected him to pull a rabbit out of the hat.  No rabbit food had been ordered.

Actually I think of Corbyn as someone who has made a career of protesting about one thing after another.  Nothing wrong with being a protestor but has he ever won anything as a result?  Just asking.

49 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

In 2017 there was some allowance made for the possibility that Corbyn would win against all predictions and expectations.  Maybe unlikely but May was devoid of personality and I am sure some journalists had written article about how they had predicted it all along.

In 2019 Jeremy Corbyn was a proven loser going up against a more formidable opponent.  Nobody expected him to pull a rabbit out of the hat.  No rabbit food had been ordered.

Actually I think of Corbyn as someone who has made a career of protesting about one thing after another.  Nothing wrong with being a protestor but has he ever won anything as a result?  Just asking.

Best protester?

On 23/02/2020 at 13:58, Stellaboz said:
On 23/02/2020 at 13:52, razamanaz said:
That well known quote: ''The poor have always voted Labour ... and they're still poor!''

That's bollocks. A lot of the poor are also stupid AF and voted Tory. And Brexit. So rich or poor, f**k them. Stupid c***s.

So if your didn't vote the same as Stellaboz fae Koln you must be poor or rich and stupid AF - their vote shouldn't count then according to you

Starmer has run a technically very good campaign, by essentially not saying much at all. His choices for Shadow Chancellor and Shadow Home Secretary will be interesting, I think, and will almost immediately piss off half of the coalition of support he has built up. 

Zarb and the rest of the Long-Bailey campaign are becoming increasingly desperate. About 3 times now she’s called on the others to back her policies, now it’s ‘here are my donations, now reveal yours’.

It’s not working Matt/Len/Ian/John. Especially when members of Unite, like me, look at their ridiculous £200k contribution to her campaign and know we didn’t have any say in who we supported.

49 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Starmer has run a technically very good campaign, by essentially not saying much at all. His choices for Shadow Chancellor and Shadow Home Secretary will be interesting, I think, and will almost immediately piss off half of the coalition of support he has built up. 

Johnson has virtually removed all dissenters on his own side, this might change once the effects of a Hard Brexit start to bite.

If Labour has any chance they are going to have to present unity in the PLP and I’m not sure of that happening.  Starmer is going to have a hard job juggling the various factions and even if he’s successful there are still those who will want to snipe from the sidelines.

42 minutes ago, BerwickMad said:

Zarb and the rest of the Long-Bailey campaign are becoming increasingly desperate. About 3 times now she’s called on the others to back her policies, now it’s ‘here are my donations, now reveal yours’.

It’s not working Matt/Len/Ian/John. Especially when members of Unite, like me, look at their ridiculous £200k contribution to her campaign and know we didn’t have any say in who we supported.

Why do you keep suggesting it's actually Matt, Len, Ian or John who are in control?

Edited by NotThePars