What is the point of Labour ?

pawpar

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Louise Ellman choosing yesterday to resign over “Corbyn’s anti-Semitism”.

I wonder why she’s waited until now?  

It's pathetic.

Corbyn might be guilty of various failings but anti-semitism is not one of them. He hasn't got a racist bone in his body.

3 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Because I think she was under threat of de selection.

2 minutes ago, zidane's child said:

I live in her constituency and the CLP were ready to deselect her.

Sorry guys I was aware of this it was tongue in cheek.

He was Labour leader when she last stood for election.  If she thought he wasn’t fit to be PM she could have reused to stand then.  If she genuinely had principles that is.

8 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Because I think she was under threat of de selection.

7 minutes ago, zidane's child said:

I live in her constituency and the CLP were ready to deselect her.

This from the Guardian :

A fourth woman, Louise Ellman, who is Jewish and the MP for Liverpool Riverside, has been called on by her local party to resign. However, motions requesting that she stand down were banned by Labour’s regional office on Monday after it emerged the debate on her future was tabled for the start of Yom Kippur, the holiest day of the year in Judaism.

The Labour MPs who support Johnson’s deal wont last long. 

Regardless of Corbyn’s views or the Labour NEC view I’d imagine the grass roots members in these constituencies will be livid at the thought of their MP handing the Tories a victory of this magnitude.

Ha! Useless bloody Labour saying Corbyn gets a train to Orkney...

That revelation comes from Scottish Labour Party activist Karie Murphy, Corbyn’s former chief of staff.

According to Sunday Times journalist Gabriel Pogrund, she told a town hall meeting of Labour staff: “Anyone who knows Jeremy knows he loves to go on the train to obscure places like the South West or Orkney."

https://www.thenational.scot/news/17991295.jeremy-corbyn-loves-visit-obscure-place-orkney-train/

Edited by Crùbag

On 07/09/2019 at 13:44, Granny Danger said:

The Independent bigging up the vacuous bint JessPhillips again.  I’m not sure why they are so desperate to have her as Labour leader but there must be a reason.  Fortunately it’s not going to happen.

She's a walking rent-a-gob who's never shy of providing a soundbite or two. Ideal media-fodder, hence why they're in love with her.

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Just another Grauniad knobhead who could have done with being punted a long time ago.

The problem for the Guardian is that they define themsleves as a liberal publication. Yet the LD's

are obviously, even to a blind person, a bunch of no account chancers who've clambered on to Brexit/Remain as their only

hope of any kind of route to influence.

However, the Guardian can't bring itself to support someone like Corbyn, who has actually maintained his democratic principles all the way through.

And with policies that a large part of the electorate actually want.  

Edited by beefybake

Guest Bob Mahelp
29 minutes ago, beefybake said:

Just another Grauniad knobhead who could have done with being punted a long time ago.

The problem for the Guardian is that they define themsleves as a liberal publication. Yet the LD's

are obviously, even to a blind person, a bunch of no account chancers who've clambered on to Brexit/Remain as their only

hope of any kind of route to influence.

However, the Guardian can't bring itself to support someone like Corbyn, who has actually maintained his democratic principles all the way through.

And with policies that a large part of the electorate actually want.  

The article merely points out the fact that it's astonishing that the worst government in UK history is miles ahead in the polls of the worst opposition in UK history. 

A GE in the next few months will see Labour trounced, of that there's little doubt.  And that is shameful. 

26 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

The hard lefters in the Labour Party need to give up on the dream of Marxism and move on from Corbyn.
You might want him but no one else in the country does.

This was said before the 2017 election.  The one where Labour gained 30 seats and May lost her majority.

Mind you I’d like to know which Labour policies are “hard left”.

This was said before the 2017 election.  The one where Labour gained 30 seats and May lost her majority.
Exactly. It's a line parroted by folk on the right and reported ad nauseum. Corbyn has not proposed anything particularly radical. It just appears that way due to the neoliberal status quo that has existed between the two main parties since the 90s.

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:
6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Exactly. It's a line parroted by folk on the right and reported ad nauseum. Corbyn has not proposed anything particularly radical. It just appears that way due to the neoliberal status quo that has existed between the two main parties since the 90s.

The SNP have a far more “hard left” position on nuclear weapons  and that hasn’t hampered us electorally.