What is the point of Labour ?

pawpar

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

And ignoring and doing the opposite of what the result of the first referendum demanded would?

Would that result have been the the same had the Yellowhammer documents been on display during the campaign rather than £350 Million a week for the NHS?

Remember too, it was mainly England and Wales that voted to leave.

Eta an alternative bottom line :

Remember too, it was mainly the gullible English and Welsh that voted to leave.

Edited by ICTJohnboy

5 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
28 minutes ago, welshbairn said:
Honour the result, Norway wouldn't be too bad and it would be an informed choice, unlike last time. Are you against a second referendum?

Norway is a terrible solution, would rather remain.

Used to be Farage's favourite.

8 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
31 minutes ago, welshbairn said:
Honour the result, Norway wouldn't be too bad and it would be an informed choice, unlike last time. Are you against a second referendum?

Norway is a terrible solution, would rather remain.

Remain is the best deal we can hope to emerge from this mess with.

If the unions force through the NEC position on Brexit I can foresee lots more grassroots members walking away.

During elections it is the individual members not the union affiliated ones who do the majority of the legwork.

Labour boasted about the huge upsurge in membership after Corbyn became leader but have been very quiet about the dwindling numbers in the past year or so.

If the unions force through the NEC position on Brexit I can foresee lots more grassroots members walking away.
During elections it is the individual members not the union affiliated ones who do the majority of the legwork.
Labour boasted about the huge upsurge in membership after Corbyn became leader but have been very quiet about the dwindling numbers in the past year or so.

That was just people paying £3 to vote for Corbyn.

23 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I don't think people are going to walk away because the party is officially neutral in a referendum. That would be highly stupid.

Despite the fake Sunday Times stories they still have over half a million members. 

Edited by Detournement

31 minutes ago, Detournement said:

I don't think people are going to walk away because the party is officially neutral in a referendum. That would be highly stupid.

Despite the fake Sunday Times stories they still have over half a million members. 

I don't read the Sunday Times.   I do read, and pay for, the Observer. I can only say the Guardian, Observer views of Corbyn seem almost hysterical,

one step removed from foaming at the mouth.  Bearing in mind that the Guardian/Observer is a self described liberal newspaper, and the LD's are

a completely discredited party, looks to me like Corbyn is doing just fine. 

Edited by beefybake

21 minutes ago, beefybake said:

I don't read the Sunday Times.   I do read, and pay for, the Observer. I can only say the Guardian, Observer views of Corbyn seem almost hysterical,

one step removed from foaming at the mouth.  Bearing in mind that the Guardian/Observer is a self described liberal newspaper, and the LD's are

B133D93C-85EB-4987-A33D-7202CEE9770B.thumb.jpeg.760ea19e8fb90d063134c8589bdf6cee.jpeg

4 minutes ago, beefybake said:

Well, we can all find a meme, if we can't make the argument.

You’re right.  I find it hard to argue with the assertion that “Corbyn is doing just fine”; that’s because it is going against all the evidence.

I will be happy to revisit it with you following the next GE.

1 hour ago, beefybake said:

YouGov research has Labour polling in 3rd place behind the Tories and Lib Dems.

Corbyn has Sevco'd it.