What is the point of Labour ?

pawpar

Just now, NotThePars said:

Nobody has actually said anything tangible that they stand for. Fair play I don’t think you can actually say “we hate the leadership and don’t want to be actually accountable to our membership.”

I dunno, they more or less have all said they hate the leadership. That's pretty much it.  Possibly 7 more votes for May's deal though.

3 minutes ago, renton said:

I dunno, they more or less have all said they hate the leadership. That's pretty much it.  Possibly 7 more votes for May's deal though.

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Labour eh?

Image result for gordon ramsay gif

Almost as if they'd rather May than Corbyn.

3 minutes ago, renton said:

Was getting lost in amongst everyone having to let everyone know just who the f**k they are. :lol:

Just now, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Assuming they are under one new party - if they get more defectors could they become the 3rd party and as such less questions for Blackford at PMQ's?  5th place Lib Dems.

Enough defections though and they could maybe be the 2nd party????

:lol:  you’re a fucking belter.

1 minute ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Assuming they are under one new party - if they get more defectors could they become the 3rd party and as such less questions for Blackford at PMQ's?  5th place Lib Dems.

Enough defections though and they could maybe be the 2nd party????

They aren't.

I’m assuming these seven will resign and contest the bye elections under their new banner.
(I know this will not happen but it needs to be said every time something like this happens.)
It never does. But it should. It will be interesting to see if more follow. But u guess they are attracted to the Westminster gravy train. Either way thus us not good for Labour. Add to that poll7bg at 14% in Scotland they are a long long way from power

1 minute ago, renton said:

They aren't.

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Have they actually founded a new party?  What I read was they now all considered themselves independent MP's.

Looks like they are going to be 'The Independent Group'.  Can't see that lasting - surely they have to create a new party to secure funding or are they just going to go quietly at the next election?

Suppose more details will be forthcoming.

Baffling that nobody is tackling Gavin Shuker's analysis that their group of seven "represent a great dinner party".

Chuku Umunna has twice said they're wanting to engage directly with the British public. Praying that they go and actually hold rallies.

Looks more like a group of now independent MP's forming a block  at the Commons. Most of them seem to be on about Anti-Semitism within the Labour party rather than Brexit. 

Confusion over if it's a block of MP's getting together or a new party?

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

Baffling that nobody is tackling Gavin Shuker's analysis that their group of seven "represent a great dinner party".

Chuku Umunna has twice said they're wanting to engage directly with the British public. Praying that they go and actually hold rallies.

There is also the other 3 Labour MPs who don't have the whip, Field, Lewis and Woodcock. If they decide to join up that's a hugely attractive bunch....