What is the point of Labour ?

pawpar

Just now, Detournement said:

There is nothing that can be done by Corbyn to force Tory and DUP MPs to vote for an election. 

If they are to vote for an election it will be because of how events play out leading up to April.

Corbyn will be praying that as long as he is leader of the opposition, that simply won't happen. He doesn't want to be in charge. He doesn't want to be in a position where he has to actually come up with workable solutions.

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Owen Smith's name doesn't have enough syllables to be sung to the tune of Seven Nation Army by the White Stripes, so he was obviously a non-starter.

Its so good you can say it twice.

O-WEN SMITH OWEN SMI-ITH

Fade to obscurity.

The mumbleclown is continuing to show how useless and out of touch he is with political reality.

By refusing to even turn up he's managed to turn it into a "it's Corbyn's fault" argument. Should have done what Blackford did and call the Tory bluff.

Tactically and politically inept.

I think it was the vicious personal attacks from May and Gove from a few feet away that made him do it. Stupid but understandable.

6 hours ago, welshbairn said:
6 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
The mumbleclown is continuing to show how useless and out of touch he is with political reality.

By refusing to even turn up he's managed to turn it into a "it's Corbyn's fault" argument. Should have done what Blackford did and call the Tory bluff.

Tactically and politically inept.

I think it was the vicious personal attacks from May and Gove from a few feet away that made him do it. Stupid but understandable.

Stupid yes, understandable no.

Just now, John Lambies Doos said:
5 hours ago, welshbairn said:

What, his ego versus the best interests of the country. Like I say, a complete simpleton

You are in good company then.

29 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Best part of that is rather than just admit they were wrong and laugh about it, they've turned it into a po-faced extemporised UK OK thing.

I like the clumsy late insertion of "UK" in the subtitles when Wales appears.