What is the point of Labour ?

pawpar

On 07/10/2018 at 22:07, JamieThomas said:

I always zone out whenever anyone says "far left" tbh. There's not a single politician of note in the UK that's far left, and it just makes the folk who say it look lazy and fucking stupid.

Pro-tip: if you think Corbyn is, you also believe Tony Blair edited the Morning Star.

It's pretty obvious to anyone that Corbyn, along with senior people around him, are on what is generally called the far-left. Milne, for example, has fairly recently wrote apologia for Stalin and for the Soviet Union. He used to edit a leftist journal that was absolutely pro-USSR even as late as the mid eighties.

Now the thing about the strand of "left-wing" thought that Milne belongs to is that it has a liking for authoritarian even totalitarian governments if they are seen as sufficiently anti-Western which in fact makes Milne share a lot of features with the far-right.

Well I'm convinced. Right wing fuckwits "generally call them that", so it must be true. Bring on the re-education camps and Great Famine.

Now although you can't see me, I'm doing that childish face where you jam your tongue underneath your bottom lip and in front of your teeth. It's a satirical impression of you.

Edited by JamieThomas

Not taking sides here but found this quite interesting. The writer is a German born right wing libertarian I think, so he has some baggage but maybe also knowledge.

https://iea.org.uk/seumas-milne-on-east-germany-historical-revisionism-at-its-worst/

I disagree with Niemietz  that East Germans had every chance to choose a different future after their first democratic election, there was bound to be a majority voting for unification when there was no guarantee of financial aid and development without it. I think East Germany would have done better taking over deciding how to run their own country for a while, with assistance, for maybe a decade before some kind of permanent deal. East Germans still have on average less than half the assets of West Germans nearly 30 years later and have turned into a hotbed for the extreme right. When unification happened it was as if the previous 45 years were a blip and things would all be equal again. The East needed time to adjust rather than just going straight from being the richest part of Eastern Europe to being the poorest, failed bit of Germany.

Edited by welshbairn

On 10/4/2018 at 21:47, John Lambies Doos said:
On 10/4/2018 at 20:40, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:
Applying the Faslane calculator Jackie Baillie was actually on the labour front bench for over 2 million years, quite some achievement tbh.

And she's fat

Just to clarify:

You would not have sex with her?

#incel

31 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

They should be naming and shaming these dick heads. Then kicking them out the party.

The only excuse could be it was their only way of getting at truly evil fuckers like sex traffickers or other abusers where there's insufficient evidence to stop them any other way.

Playing devil's advocate here, my first reaction was to bar them from public office for life.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-45825724

Edited by welshbairn

The only excuse could be it was their only way of getting at truly evil fuckers like sex traffickers or other abusers where there's insufficient evidence to stop them any other way.
Playing devil's advocate here, my first reaction was to bar them from public office for life.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-45825724

Reckon it’s more like they’re stopping those damn illegals from prepping your gourmet burgers for a minimum wage tbh.

9 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
On 10/10/2018 at 17:31, Slavoj Žižek said:
Just to clarify:
You would not have sex with her?
#incel

No

^^^^^^^^^

Woke [lol] from a drunken incel stupor.

------------------------------------------------------

You, of course, realize fat-shaming on the interweb in the UK is legally defined as a hate-crime.

The staple diet of tartan incels.

#Cuck&Buggery.com

Edited by Slavoj Žižek
Cocaine Addiction = 12 Ruel Street

21 hours ago, JamieThomas said:

What is the point of Labour? Grassing on brown folk, apparently.

We were told by Labour supporters that they 'have their party back'.

Looks like they were right...