What is the point of Labour ?

pawpar

50 minutes ago, Detournement said:
Foulkes is a c**t. 
The SNP and Labour are competing for the same votes so are unlikely to work together. 

This to me just doesn't make any sense, surely if they're competing for the same votes their ideals are (roughly) the same,therefore working together for (roughly) the same aims, rather than team up with the Torys who are idealogicaly on another planet, makes it easier to achieve these goals. The reality is that it's Union before principles.

Edited by jakedee

Plenty of Labour brass hate the SNP more than they do the Conservatives. I don’t know if it’s about the union so much as they see the SNP as stealing their career options.
Without the Union,there is no career option,therefore they are linked.

3 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

East Lothian, Inverclyde, Falkirk, West Lothian, Aberdeen City, South Lanarkshire.(they also have their LD vow partners in South Lanarkshire with the Torys)

All designed to keep the SNP out.

You really are a fucking moron

Hth

I suppose. Anything to keep the SNP out must be a good thing.

I would say the primary point of Labour at the moment is to end austerity and build a progressive society fit for the challenges of the 21st century.

The secondary point is to cause Nick Cohen to completely lose his mind to the point where he's writing his Observer column with jobby crayons.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jul/07/labour-antisemitism-jeremy-corbyn?CMP=share_btn_tw

I would say the primary point of Labour at the moment is to end austerity and build a progressive society fit for the challenges of the 21st century.
The secondary point is to cause Nick Cohen to completely lose his mind to the point where he's writing his Observer column with jobby crayons.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jul/07/labour-antisemitism-jeremy-corbyn?CMP=share_btn_tw
This'll be the same labour Party,when given the opportunity to vote against austerity sat on their hands. Actions speak louder than words I'm afraid.

Just now, jakedee said:
4 hours ago, Detournement said:

This'll be the same labour Party,when given the opportunity to vote against austerity sat on their hands. Actions speak louder than words I'm afraid.

And what happened after that?

Does it matter? Austerity carried on,without an objection from the Party you say should be ending it, they had their chance then and made their decision,and so it continues.

3 minutes ago, jakedee said:
7 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Does it matter? Austerity carried on,without an objection from the Party you say should be ending it, they had their chance then and made their decision,and so it continues.

Obviously it matters.

What happened was that Corbyn stood in the leadership election as an anti austerity candidate and won easily. And in 2017 Labour published a manifesto which if implemented would end austerity.

Obviously it matters.
What happened was that Corbyn stood in the leadership election as an anti austerity candidate and won easily. And in 2017 Labour published a manifesto which if implemented would end austerity.

Doesn't matter, Corbyn didn't win the election, and even if he had, are you sure he could rely on his PLP to back him.