What is the point of Labour ?

pawpar

Labour are much more relevant than the SNP who are like a former boxing champion wanting a rematch after getting his totties.

I hate New Labour but feel the real future of Scottish politics lies with Labour and a devolved Scottish parliament focused on improving Scotland rather than fighting against a pointless defeated party and ideal that was thrown in the bin by the Scottish people.

The only county in the world to vote against its own freedom and still they are pushing for another slap in the face. What a farce.

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

Labour are much more relevant than the SNP who are like a former boxing champion wanting a rematch after getting his totties.

I hate New Labour but feel the real future of Scottish politics lies with Labour and a devolved Scottish parliament focused on improving Scotland rather than fighting against a pointless defeated party and ideal that was thrown in the bin by the Scottish people.

The only county in the world to vote against its own freedom and still they are pushing for another slap in the face. What a farce.

You really are a first class bellend.

That's absolutely risible btw.

Just a reminder that Labour councillors are in coalition with the Tories in Scotland.

It's a hard sell trying to convince people you're agents of change when you're so slavishly devoted to the status quo.

10 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Image result for aku gif

Try and imagine the SNP never won in 07, and imagine an alternate history where the Scottish "executive" was run in perpetuity by Labour. It'd be like a parish council on a Sunday afternoon, forever. Even your concept of a devolved parliament intent on "improving" Scotland is based on hard won gains by the SNP, to transform what was a glorified council into something capable of delivering that change, both in terms of it's legal remit but also in terms of it's moral dimension. That Holyrood is a significant player in Scottish affairs, that it is seen as a government in it's own right is largely the work of the SNP. Scottish Labour would have been content to f**k about with minor bills for ever, in the hope of one day graduating from MSP to MP to the Lords. 

There's not only that, in May 2008 Wendy Alexander challenged Salmond to call an indy ref there & then & she would support it to get the issue dealt with. Instead, Scottish Labour punted her, when it seems now that a snap ref in 2008 would have resoundingly lost & killed the question, and the SNP, off for decades. 

I wonder, too, if Labour had been in charge all this time and Brexit happened the same way, whether there would have then been an instant demand & huge surge for the SNP then that the papers might even have backed with out all the "I'd vote for indy but I dont' like that Salmond" shite.

11 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Shit trolling.  Must try harder.

2/10.

Edited by Granny Danger

11 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Most of that is just click bait But I would agree  the highlighted bit is the way forward for Labour in Scotland. They need to become more independent from labour UK  and form a Scottish party that is geared towards the Scottish Parliament and forming a coalition with labour  UK in Westminster.  At the moment in Scotland we are polarised between unionist and nationalist and the Tories have somehow managed to convince a lot of people that they are the only Unionist option. Amazing really because all they have done is add and Unionist to they're name.

Incidentally I believe they should be doing this across the whole of the UK  as in my opinion Westminster is run for the benefit of the  financial service industry  in SE England at the expense of the needs of ALL the other regions in the UK.

1 hour ago, GoTeamGaz said:

There's not only that, in May 2008 Wendy Alexander challenged Salmond to call an indy ref there & then & she would support it to get the issue dealt with. Instead, Scottish Labour punted her, when it seems now that a snap ref in 2008 would have resoundingly lost & killed the question, and the SNP, off for decades.

I think the issue might have been that the banks at that time had already made it really well known to governments that things were fucked and a crisis was likely. That sort of crash on that magnitude is something that could change opinion very quickly and Brown would have been derided as an absolute moron if he'd called a referendum which made a huge crisis worse when there wasn't even a mandate to force him into it in the first place.

3 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Just a reminder that Labour councillors are in coalition with the Tories in Scotland.

It's a hard sell trying to convince people you're agents of change when you're so slavishly devoted to the status quo.

Where are Labour in coalition with the Tories? Name them? And don't say Aberdeen. They were suspended by the party for do I g so. Whereas SNP are in coalition with the slavishly devoted to the status quo party in 5 councils!

4 hours ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Where are Labour in coalition with the Tories? Name them? And don't say Aberdeen. They were suspended by the party for do I g so. Whereas SNP are in coalition with the slavishly devoted to the status quo party in 5 councils!

Aberdeen.  And five other councils.  You utter weirdo.

Cast your eye past the mainstream state media and you may find out.

So deflection because you can't name any councils?

East Lothian, Inverclyde, Falkirk, West Lothian, Aberdeen City, South Lanarkshire.(they also have their LD vow partners in South Lanarkshire with the Torys)

All designed to keep the SNP out.

You really are a fucking moron

Hth

It's the same situation as the 2007 Holyrood election. The voting system makes the Tories the kingmakers.

Aye but labour could easily join with SNP to keep Torys out... But heh they don't.
Remember your parties pish stained fucker.. Foulkes. Vote SNP get Torys. Aye mate he represents you...

6 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Aye but labour could easily join with SNP to keep Torys out... But heh they don't.
Remember your parties pish stained fucker.. Foulkes. Vote SNP get Torys. Aye mate he represents you...

Foulkes is a c**t. 

The SNP and Labour are competing for the same votes so are unlikely to work together.