Kieran Tierney

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone who says Robertson can't defend is a fucking idiot.  He has done it against some of the best in the business.  He is also by far the best left back from any of the home nations.  

Tierney is a very good left back but still think he is better suited for a more central position.  

I would probably agree that Robertson of 2 or 3 years ago probably isn't as good at defending as Tierney is now, but there's no doubt about the improvement in Robertson's defensive game.  But then again, Tierney hasn't ever truly tested himself playing in such a dominant team, his defensive side won't be exposed as much as Robertson's on a weekly basis. All in I see it as a pretty pointless argument though in regards to our National team, both players will play whenever they're available. Tierney needs to leave to better himself, until then, Robertson is the better left back and should play there for Scotland.

7 hours ago, Antiochas III said:

Anyone who says Robertson can't defend is a fucking idiot.  He has done it against some of the best in the business.  He is also by far the best left back from any of the home nations.  

Tierney is a very good left back but still think he is better suited for a more central position.  

I don't remember anyone saying he can't defend.  I said he's not a natural defender, which he isn't, it's always been the weakest part of his game.

Tierney is a natural defender and is much better at it than Robertson.

Yeah one tackle disproves everything.

I think if that was an attempt at sarcasm you should have said "Yeah one tackle PROVES everything", so in fact by saying what you did, you just reinforced my point!!!

Everyone with any football knowledge at all knows that if Man Utd were offered Tierney or Robertson right now for the same money, same wage etc they would take Robertson every single time.

28 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Everyone with any football knowledge at all knows that if Man Utd were offered Tierney or Robertson right now for the same money, same wage etc they would take Robertson every single time.

Actually no as it's not the type of fullback mourinho likes.  Tierney is Robertson definitely not.  He'd take Tierney in a heartbeat but wouldn't be interested in Robertson.

37 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Actually no as it's not the type of fullback mourinho likes.  Tierney is Robertson definitely not.  He'd take Tierney in a heartbeat but wouldn't be interested in Robertson.

did jose tell you that over dinner or  on the phone?

Pep might be right, but we'll never know until Tierney moves to one of the top leagues and proves it week in, week out. 

Robertsons improvements probably come from training against Salah and Mane, while Tierney has James Forrest to contend with.. 

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Pep might be right, but we'll never know until Tierney moves to one of the top leagues and proves it week in, week out. 

Robertsons improvements probably come from training against Salah and Mane, while Tierney has James Forrest to contend with.. 

pep could be right to be honest,  i think both are really good players, tierney slightly younger so no one knows how much more potential he has, robertsons improvement has been unreal within the space of 6 months.

i think people would take pep more serious if he stopped passing his opinions of as facts.

2 hours ago, DanMc99 said:

pep could be right to be honest,  i think both are really good players, tierney slightly younger so no one knows how much more potential he has, robertsons improvement has been unreal within the space of 6 months.

i think people would take pep more serious if he stopped passing his opinions of as facts.

To say Tierney is better defensively is a fact.  It will take Tierney to move for people like you to accept that cause Martin keown will tell you that on match of the day.  I can see it without being told is the only difference.

Though I agree he needs to move to progress.

7 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

To say Tierney is better defensively is a fact.  It will take Tierney to move for people like you to accept that cause Martin keown will tell you that on match of the day.  I can see it without being told is the only difference.

Though I agree he needs to move to progress.

provide concrete evidence to back up your fact and then i will believe you?

Robertson’s improvement will likely have come from the 2 or 3 seasons developing his game at Hull City, without the same level of scrutiny that Tierney will likely have if he goes for relatively big money.
Robertson’s hard work at hull was rewarded with a move to Liverpool and he’s kicked on really well from there.
Seems odd that people would squabble over who the better player is when both are at different stages of their careers.
Can’t it just be great for Scotland that they can hopefully both enjoy good careers down south or wherever and give good competition for places for the national team.

Archived