Kieran Tierney

21 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

Robertson and Tierney are both ace. Out of the two, Tierney would probably make a better central defender, though I wouldn't be averse to playing robbo there if we needed to. 

Expecting to be banned by the mods for being reasonable.

Lol.  Seriously Robertson at CB come on.  You'd be better playing Oliver Burke there.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

Gary Medel - 2x Copa America Champion. 5’7” and has played CB on numerous occasions for Chile and Internazionale.

Javier Mascherano - 5’9” won a fair few important games for a couple of half decent teams, playing CB almost exclusively for the last few years.

I seriously hope you used Google to find that information, because if you didn’t, then it’s worthless.

Google Or GTF.

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I seriously hope you used Google to find that information, because if you didn’t, then it’s worthless.

Google Or GTF.

They’re two pretty well known names in international football, but did have to Google their heights - back when Strachan spouted that pish about being genetically inferior.

i’m sure Bing can get me few more.

28 minutes ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

They’re two pretty well known names in international football, but did have to Google their heights - back when Strachan spouted that pish about being genetically inferior.

i’m sure Bing can get me few more.

Medellin isn't CB you mean sweeper.

I'm right.  I don't need to check.  Google it then I'll accept your apology.

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

We not even counting a “sweeper” as a CB now then?

Yup. Apparently sweepers and players who play either side in a back three don't count. 

5 hours ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

Drivel.  A cursory glance at google immediately shows you up. 

He plays a sweeper in front of back four, when his team have the ball CBS split and he plays between them.  You can't be great at champ man if you play 5-7 guys at CB.

He plays a sweeper in front of back four, when his team have the ball CBS split and he plays between them.  You can't be great at champ man if you play 5-7 guys at CB.

Sweepers don’t play in front of a back four champ. That would be the ‘holding role’ or ‘midfield anchor’.

I’m right. I don’t need to google it. Devastating.

I was always reticent to call Pep a troll, as I just credited him with being a bit thick, but the veneer has slipped unfortunately.  Gone from being a fairly effective tool to being utterly shite at it in a few days.  Poor show.

On 7/21/2018 at 22:59, Peppino Impastato said:

Medellin isn't CB you mean sweeper.

I'm right.  I don't need to check.  Google it then I'll accept your apology.

I think you may be confusing Gary Medel with Pablo Escobar.

12 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Sweepers don’t play in front of a back four champ. That would be the ‘holding role’ or ‘midfield anchor’.

I’m right. I don’t need to google it. Devastating.

They can be either.  I'm getting tired of this.  You people just don't have a clue what you're talking about.  Check everything I've said, I will graciously accept your apologies.

Archived