Kieran Tierney

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Google the cbs of all the top clubs.  You'll find I'm right.

I’m 5’11”
I was far better as a left full back than a full back but played both AND played left wing for both club and country.
Size (as I’m sure if you ever have a girlfriend she’ll tell you) isn’t important [emoji106]

Quite.

giphy.gif

Robertson has never played CB, ever.  Not once.

Those two play in back three's, totally different.  They are fullbacks.

Fucking hell. Have you been powering down your stupid biscuits today. They’re not playing full back in a back three.

Not sure if this as been mentioned. But I'm the 6-1 Gibraltar game wasn't Robertson on the left of a back three? So technically even though it was against Gibraltar and not the most defensive three surely that still counts as playing at CB in his career?

10 minutes ago, same_ol_g35 said:

Not sure if this as been mentioned. But I'm the 6-1 Gibraltar game wasn't Robertson on the left of a back three? So technically even though it was against Gibraltar and not the most defensive three surely that still counts as playing at CB in his career?

Didn't we move to a back 4 once we realised that Gibraltar weren't just a team of schoolkids that wouldn't attack?  We started with essentially a back 1 - the two wider players were playing more as full-backs rather than a proper back 3.

26 minutes ago, forameus said:

Didn't we move to a back 4 once we realised that Gibraltar weren't just a team of schoolkids that wouldn't attack?  We started with essentially a back 1 - the two wider players were playing more as full-backs rather than a proper back 3.

Aye, we were ridiculously open at the start of that game. Russell Martin playing essentially as a lone centre-back. Gibraltar had a few good opportunities to score  in addition to the one they took in the first 30 minutes or so. It didn't really settle down until we changed tactics and scored a couple of goals just before half-time.

1 hour ago, Raidernation said:

I’m 5’11”
I was far better as a left full back than a full back but played both AND played left wing for both club and country.
Size (as I’m sure if you ever have a girlfriend she’ll tell you) isn’t important emoji106.png

Not CB though.  Size does matter for them.

Can you read?  Those two are fullbacks filling in in a back three.  Totally different.

Fucking hell.

They’re still natural full backs who’ve adapted to playing as centre halves. Whether it’s part of a centre half pairing or a trio is irrelevant.

Start watching football ffs.

6 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Mate this is absolute drivel.  Robertson has never and will never play lcb.  He simply isn't capable of that.  He's quite small, quite slight and not a very good defender.  It would be a disaster.  Have you even seen him?  Are you mixing him up with someone else?  He's closer to a left winger than a lcb.  

Tierney can play CB and has done quite effectively.  I also think he has all the tools to be a good defensive midfielder.

I hereby agree with all of this. 

5 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Those two play in back three's, totally different.  They are fullbacks.

When has Tierney played CH in a back four? 

Heres the truth..

They are both great young players in their own right. Both Scottish and exactly what the future of our national side needs.

BUT with that being said, Tierney IS a more versatile player, and he is, in my honest opinion, the better player defensively.

Robertson will get a lot of "ups" because he recently broke into the Liverpool squad and Tierney is "only" at Celtic. And because hes not plying his trade in England or Overseas, the calibre of teams they face differ greatly.  And although that IS true, for some reason, playing in the Scottish Leagues makes your Value considerably less compared to our foreign based counterparts AND thus, they arent better players or at least that seems to be the general consesus

FYI thats a lot of shite.

If i was Scotland Manager, i play Robertson at LB and Tierney at RB, not because Robertson is the better player in that position, but because i know Tierney can play RB, i wouldnt have that same faith in Robertson, and if the Scotland manager cant swap them he likely feels the same.

End of the day, its one of these pointless arguements. Both a product of the Celtic Youth academy, Both great young Scottish players and everyone is entitled to and has their own opinion.

Heres the truth..

They are both great young players in their own right. Both Scottish and exactly what the future of our national side needs.

BUT with that being said, Tierney IS a more versatile player, and he is, in my honest opinion, the better player defensively.

Robertson will get a lot of "ups" because he recently broke into the Liverpool squad and Tierney is "only" at Celtic. And because hes not plying his trade in England or Overseas, the calibre of teams they face differ greatly.  And although that IS true, for some reason, playing in the Scottish Leagues makes your Value considerably less compared to our foreign based counterparts AND thus, they arent better players or at least that seems to be the general consesus

FYI thats a lot of shite.

If i was Scotland Manager, i play Robertson at LB and Tierney at RB, not because Robertson is the better player in that position, but because i know Tierney can play RB, i wouldnt have that same faith in Robertson, and if the Scotland manager cant swap them he likely feels the same.

End of the day, its one of these pointless arguements. Both a product of the Celtic Youth academy, Both great young Scottish players and everyone is entitled to and has their own opinion.

Mcleish has already pretty much decided he is going with a back 3 with Tierney at the left side of the back 3 and Robertson left wing back .

Have to say I wasn’t a fan of this formation but after World Cup wiling to give it a chance will certainly make us harder to beat although as an attacking force it’s going to be hard to watch.

11 minutes ago, skippy2015 said:

Mcleish has already pretty much decided he is going with a back 3 with Tierney at the left side of the back 3 and Robertson left wing back .

Have to say I wasn’t a fan of this formation but after World Cup wiling to give it a chance will certainly make us harder to beat although as an attacking force it’s going to be hard to watch.

Shouldnt make it harder to watch, least its 2 up front, might actually be better to watch lol

20 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Google the cbs of all the top clubs.  You'll find I'm right.

I have, you aren't.

#closethread

The greatest Scottish centre half of all time is 5'10 - how does that fit in with your narrative?

You really do try far too hard son.

Archived