Kieran Tierney

To conclude 8 pages of Pep's nonsense, Robertson isn't strong and can't defend but he's good enough to play in defence for a team that reaches the Champions League final and top 4 in England. Tierney on the other hand is amazing, can play any position and will no doubt go on to be the bestest ever player ever to play football in the world ever.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

To conclude 8 pages of Pep's nonsense, Robertson isn't strong and can't defend but he's good enough to play in defence for a team that reaches the Champions League final and top 4 in England. Tierney on the other hand is amazing, can play any position and will no doubt go on to be the bestest ever player ever to play football in the world ever.

Sigh.  You're a child with no understanding of football. And also a liar as I said precisely none of these things.

8 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Tierney and Robertson are both around 5'10".

I thought Robertson was about 5-8 turns out you are correct.  Either way he has never and will never play any form of CB for even one second, it's completely out of the question.  Anyone with a clue would watch Robertson for literally three seconds and know he'll never play CB.  Tierney can Robertson definitely not.  He can play LM or lwb  or lw though.

1 minute ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Sigh.  You're a child with no understanding of football. And also a liar as I said precisely none of these things.

I wasn't being entirely serious, but as mentioned before, you're trying to paint a huge chasm of difference in ability between the two players and I've absolutely no idea why. They are both about as good as we've got, I'm not sure why we need to determine which one is better than the other because when they're both fit they'll both play. Yet, this tedious, boring argument about Robertson who "can't defend" (your exact words) and how Tierney will go on to be one of the best in the world is a waste of everyone's time and bandwidth.

But please, carry on sensationalising every point you make and then calling folk children or idiots when they point out your sensationalism (see above post "literally three seconds" for more examples of this).

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

I wasn't being entirely serious, but as mentioned before, you're trying to paint a huge chasm of difference in ability between the two players and I've absolutely no idea why. They are both about as good as we've got, I'm not sure why we need to determine which one is better than the other because when they're both fit they'll both play. Yet, this tedious, boring argument about Robertson who "can't defend" (your exact words) and how Tierney will go on to be one of the best in the world is a waste of everyone's time and bandwidth.

But please, carry on sensationalising every point you make and then calling folk children or idiots when they point out your sensationalism (see above post "literally three seconds" for more examples of this).

No I'm not.  You're a liar.  I literally called Robertson a better player on the previous page.  You're a liar and a child.  I didn't say he can't defend either, again you're a liar.

15 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

What about Mascherano? How does he fit in on this "must be this tall to play centre back" scale you've just made up?

You don't know what you're talking about and you lie.  I can't be bothered educating you right now.

Btw, a wee exercise for you.  Pick the top twenty five clubs in Europe, go and Google the height of each CB at each club.  The average will be about 6-2 or slightly above and you will find hardly any maybe none at all under six feet.  I know what I'm talking about, you don't.

Mate this is absolute drivel.  Robertson has never and will never play lcb.  He simply isn't capable of that.  He's quite small, quite slight and not a very good defender.  It would be a disaster.  Have you even seen him?  Are you mixing him up with someone else?  He's closer to a left winger than a lcb.  
Tierney can play CB and has done quite effectively.  I also think he has all the tools to be a good defensive midfielder.

Absolute slaver! [emoji1]

So going by you’re critique, to play centre half you need to be a 6ft+ hulking brute?

It’s about balance in the team. The versatility and pace of Robertson & Tierney would and has complimented the qualities of the bigger centre backs they’ve played alongside. Both Robertson and Tierney are 5’10”, as are both Cesar Azpilicueta and Kyle Walker for example, who are both playing a central defensive role for their clubs, and country too in Walker’s case.

9 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

You don't know what you're talking about and you lie.  I can't be bothered educating you right now.

Btw, a wee exercise for you.  Pick the top twenty five clubs in Europe, go and Google the height of each CB at each club.  The average will be about 6-2 or slightly above and you will find hardly any maybe none at all under six feet.  I know what I'm talking about, you don't.

Mark Docherty's only 5 foot 9 and he was excellent for Dumbarton at centre half. Seems to be a lot of exceptions to this rule.

5 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Absolute slaver! emoji1.png

So going by you’re critique, to play centre half you need to be a 6ft+ hulking brute?

It’s about balance in the team. The versatility and pace of Robertson & Tierney would and has complimented the qualities of the bigger centre backs they’ve played alongside. Both Robertson and Tierney are 5’10”, as are both Cesar Azpilicueta and Kyle Walker for example, who are both playing a central defensive role for their clubs, and country too in Walker’s case.

Robertson has never played CB, ever.  Not once.

Those two play in back three's, totally different.  They are fullbacks.

Archived