Kieran Tierney

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Robertson is a marginally better player than Tierney right now, though three years older.  But anyone who thinks Robertson is anywhere near as good as Tierney defensively simply doesn't know what they're talking about.  Tierney has the potential to be better as he is a more complete player, as good going back as he is going forward, unlike Robertson.

33 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Robertson is a marginally better player than Tierney right now, though three years older.  But anyone who thinks Robertson is anywhere near as good as Tierney defensively simply doesn't know what they're talking about.  Tierney has the potential to be better as he is a more complete player, as good going back as he is going forward, unlike Robertson.

Agree with this.

I disagree Robertson is better. Had this arguement in work. Tierney is younger. more experienced and more versatile than Robertson is which is why he can play on the right and Robertson cant. If Tierney WASNT capable of playing oit of his natural position hed start over Robertson we should be greatfull we have the ability to make that choice though.  Two excellent young fullbacks.

Tierney will move on. to a big club for a lot of money. Right now iys a matter of When not If

13 minutes ago, KHVRN said:

I disagree Robertson is better. Had this arguement in work. Tierney is younger. more experienced and more versatile than Robertson is which is why he can play on the right and Robertson cant. If Tierney WASNT capable of playing oit of his natural position hed start over Robertson we should be greatfull we have the ability to make that choice though.  Two excellent young fullbacks.

Tierney will move on. to a big club for a lot of money. Right now iys a matter of When not If

Robertson has played over 100 games more than Tierney so Robertson is far more experienced.

1 hour ago, KHVRN said:

FACT was all that was missing here. Disappointing.

On 14/07/2018 at 11:42, craigkillie said:

Because he's 21 years old and not in a rush to move.

That, and Celtic can pay him enough that it would take a really big offer (i.e. £30M+ and huge wages) to make him think of moving. Most, or possibly all, teams will probably balk at that given his lack of experience outside Scotland.

It's a bit like asking why was Barry Ferguson still at Rangers in 2002 / 2003. He'll go, but probably only when he's bored of playing in Scotland.

6 minutes ago, JamesM82 said:

That, and Celtic can pay him enough that it would take a really big offer (i.e. £30M+ and huge wages) to make him think of moving. Most, or possibly all, teams will probably balk at that given his lack of experience outside Scotland.

It's a bit like asking why was Barry Ferguson still at Rangers in 2002 / 2003. He'll go, but probably only when he's bored of playing in Scotland.

Tierney doesn't want to leave right now and Celtic don't want to sell.   If that wasn't the case he'd already have left.  Enigma up there should ask why the price being quoted for Tierney is three times what Liverpool paid for Robertson.

Just now, Peppino Impastato said:

Tierney doesn't want to leave right now and Celtic don't want to sell.   If that wasn't the case he'd already have left.  Enigma up there should ask why the price being quoted for Tierney is three times what Liverpool paid for Robertson.

hull got relegated , always makes them cheaper , and being quoted a certain price is different to someone actually bidding it 

1 minute ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Quoted by a random Hibs supporter on a parochial Scottish football website.

That's me convinced, get the Paypal out.

On 14/07/2018 at 18:49, Peppino Impastato said:

you don't know what you are talking about, you don't watch enough liverpool games, you probably don't watch enough celtic games , you are in love and you can't hide it.

Absolute bollux.

Both have proved themselves to be competent away from their natural left back role. Tierney at right back, Robertson at left midfield and both them as the left-sided centre half.

I may be wrong here, but I also don’t remember Robertson being played at right back, (nor Tierney at left midfield) to make that particular comparison.

3 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Absolute bollux.

Both have proved themselves to be competent away from their natural left back role. Tierney at right back, Robertson at left midfield and both them as the left-sided centre half.

I may be wrong here, but I also don’t remember Robertson being played at right back, nor Tierney at left midfield.

Mate this is absolute drivel.  Robertson has never and will never play lcb.  He simply isn't capable of that.  He's quite small, quite slight and not a very good defender.  It would be a disaster.  Have you even seen him?  Are you mixing him up with someone else?  He's closer to a left winger than a lcb.  

Tierney can play CB and has done quite effectively.  I also think he has all the tools to be a good defensive midfielder.

23 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Mate this is absolute drivel.  Robertson has never and will never play lcb.  He simply isn't capable of that.  He's quite small, quite slight and not a very good defender.  It would be a disaster.  Have you even seen him?  Are you mixing him up with someone else?  He's closer to a left winger than a lcb.  

Tierney can play CB and has done quite effectively.  I also think he has all the tools to be a good defensive midfielder.tier

Tierney and Robertson are both around 5'10".

Archived