Great Away Day - Places to eat

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shebeen on Dalry Road does a decent steak and some quality other grub about a ten minute walk from Tynecastle.  Being Edinburgh there is loads of options for both us and the vagrants. 

Add Mushtaqs and Spice to this. Two good Indian restaurants within around a 10 minute walk from the ground. 

The Hamilton fans seem to take their food serious :thumsup2. That's great. Thanks for the contribution.

Equis is a good chippy near the ground. Go on a non match day there’s a good chance accies1874 will spit in your food though.

[mention=36489]bennett[/mention] usually gets a king size munchy box with a side of chips and donner meat for Rangers matches.
It's nowhere near Ibrox though, its an Indian takeaway down the street from him for when he watches their games on a pishy internet stream, he hasnt been near Ibrox since the days when Caitlyn Jenner still had a hairy arse.

Class patter [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Equis is a good chippy near the ground. Go on a non match day there’s a good chance accies1874 will spit in your food though.

Let him know yer on P&B and the chance he’ll spit in yer food becomes odds on.

A couple of other options at Accies:The Clydesdale Hotel and The Villa Hotel(apparently the Indian Chef does a mean Curry) are handy for the ground.

Alternatively,there are a plethora of decent places in The Town Centre where afterwards at Hamilton Central ,it is a   three minute train ride to Hamilton West.

As has been said, with SMP being in the desolate wasteland that is Feegie, there's nothing in the immediate vicinity.

However, right outside Gilmour St. station you have Zambretto (a pizza n pasta place), Burger and Keg (good burgers and buckets of beer for a tenner) and Monterey Jack's which is an American style diner.

There's also Cafe EatItaliano on Almada Street for Hamilton but I see Colonel Mustard beside it has now closed. Nobody's mentioned Sainsbury's or the even closer Morrison's! Does the Bay Horse do food? Not been in ages.

I second EatItaliano.

Absolute quality.

21 hours ago, Andy_K_97 said:

Right now I'm not sure what place does the best scran near Rugby Park, but when the new 7 Saints opens on John Finnie Street it'll very likely be there.

Brass and Granite easily best for scran near RP.

To be fair to Accies, they've got some cracking places for food around.  Eataliano is a tremendous shout, as is Spice.  When I stayed in Hamilton, if you were having  a couple of pints in the Bay Horse, they'd let you order scran in from Spice across the road.  Great stuff.

For Motherwell, you've got Da Claudio's about a 15 minute walk away from Fir Park (same street as the Police station but just a bit further down towards the town centre).  If you're looking for good pub food, The Electric Bar just next to Airbles train station is a winner.  Again, about a 15 minute walk away from the ground. 

Avoid that World Buffet place.  Horrid.

If you’re looking for the very finest French cooking techniques and an enticingly scrumptious bite of pure joy in a rustic chic setting, I’d recommend the Michelin star acclaimed The Kitchin on Commercial Street in Leith. Ideal before a jaunt to Edinburgh’s premier footballing establishment - Easter Road.

If that’s not for you, may I suggest something with a little extra pizzazz - Restaurant Martin Wishart, another Michelin Star winner. Sleek and serene, this is one of the best restaurants the UK has to offer. Every dish looks like art and tastes like heaven. The combination of fresh local produce and a delectable menu will leave you completely unphased by the humping your side gets at the even higher acclaimed Leith San Siro. Try the White Asparagus en Papilotte, with grated Comté.

Livingston certainly brings good pre match food options.

I am though slightly concerned about lack of proper pubs in the area. Don’t really want to be hanging about a shopping centre .

We have Livingston away on our second game of the season at the Toni Macaroni , having been born in Livingston I enjoy travelling back now and then. Hoping for them to receive a royal pumping though 

Any of my fellow Dundonians like the Pancake Place on Reform St? Obviously it has a good selection of pancakes but they do decent wraps, baguettes etc as well. I’ve been in a few times and think it’s really good.

18 minutes ago, Moo said:

Any of my fellow Dundonians like the Pancake Place on Reform St? Obviously it has a good selection of pancakes but they do decent wraps, baguettes etc as well. I’ve been in a few times and think it’s really good.

Can just see it now, me and a few mates getting off the train in Dundee "Trades? Club bar?" , "Pancake place?".

Archived