Great Away Day - Places to eat

Locanda Di Gusti The relatively upscale Neapolitan restaurant on Dalry road has opened a relatively inexpensive but top notch Pizzeria across the road which is a shrine to Napoli FC

So if you think Pele or Ronaldo is the GOAT just keep it to yourself

https://www.pizzeria1926.com/

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In Dundee Project Pizza is worth a shot. It does bottles of beer as well, although it is opposite Wetherspoons and a few doors along from The Bank Bar. It's now got a take away section too.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Oh aye the bobbin. Where it takes 3 hours to get simple bangers and mash and THEN it's fucking swimming in gravy, there's f**k all peas and it tastes fucking SHITE BECAUSE IT WAS DONE IN THE MICROWAVE AND AW c**t IN THE PLACE GOT FED BEFORE ME EVEN HOURS AFTER ORDERING AFTER ME.

f**k the bobbin. f**k off and if any of you c***s than run it are reading, I'll fucking chib you.

So you'd recommend it then, aye?

Just now, DA Baracus said:

In Dundee Project Pizza is worth a shot. It does bottles of beer as well, although it is opposite Wetherspoons and a few doors along from The Bank Bar. It's now got a take away section too.

There's a kebab place just along from it too. That street is gonna need a defibra..  heart attack thingy putting in a phone box in any more food shops open. If you want beer, there's a Brewdog nearby, though some of the staff are huffy hipster twats, unsurprisingly.

@bennett usually gets a king size munchy box with a side of chips and donner meat for Rangers matches.

It's nowhere near Ibrox though, its an Indian takeaway down the street from him for when he watches their games on a pishy internet stream, he hasnt been near Ibrox since the days when Caitlyn Jenner still had a hairy arse.

Just now, DeeBairn said:

There's a kebab place just along from it too. That street is gonna need a defibra..  heart attack thingy putting in a phone box in any more food shops open. If you want beer, there's a Brewdog nearby, though some of the staff are huffy hipster twats, unsurprisingly.

Oh aye, forgot about that. Never been in though. Dai Pai is also on that street (Asian food).

Haven't experienced any twatty staff in Brewdog. All the ones I've encountered have been sound.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Oh aye, forgot about that. Never been in though. Dai Pai is also on that street (Asian food).

Haven't experienced any twatty staff in Brewdog. All the ones I've encountered have been sound.

I like Thai food, my arse on the other hand, does not like it at all. 

I got the barman with a negative on the sense of humour scale. Walked in just after lunchtime, place was empty. Asked him if he was rushed off his feet. "Nut, it's fucking dead" was the reply and he went back to wiping the bar. Charmer, that boi.

giphy.gif

Sure it was this fella actually..

Still haven't heard from any Hibs, Killy or Rangers supporters yet. If you have been somewhere else and can think of something close by feel free to chip it in too.

I think it's going to take like a week or so but the aim is a wee list of sure fire places to take the family or yourself to on an away day. 

Thanks for all the help so far but keep them coming.

First Edition in Bank St. 10 min walk from Rugby Park is a great pub for away fans. 2 min from bus/train station. One of those big chain pubs with plenty of space 15+ big screen TVs, lots of deals on cheap beer and an excellent 5 dish pick and mix plank. Chicken wings with a arse destroyer of a hot sauce dip is one of the choices all for under a tenner. There’s a huge beer garden too with a out door tv and pool table.
I love this place it’s perfect. Btw It’s Killie never killy..

1 minute ago, killiepiemuncher said:

First Edition in Bank St. 10 min walk from Rugby Park is a great pub for away fans. 2 min from bus/train station. One of those big chain pubs with plenty of space 15+ big screen TVs, lots of deals on cheap beer and an excellent 5 dish pick and mix plank. Chicken wings with a arse destroyer of a hot sauce dip is one of the choices all for under a tenner. There’s a huge beer garden too with a out door tv and pool table.
I love this place it’s perfect. Btw It’s Killie never killy..

32 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Please stop typing 'Killy'.

It's 'Killie'

Drop the 'Y'. Typed it in a hurry.

First Edition on bank Street sounds great. Cheers for that.

Chop Chop at Haymarket en route to Tynecastle is the best Chinese I've ever had. Fantastic.

I work 5 mins up the road from chop chop and can vouch for this. Best Chinese I’ve had in Edinburgh since I moved through. 15 min walk along the road to Tynecastle too.

3 minutes ago, dezz said:

I work 5 mins up the road from chop chop and can vouch for this. Best Chinese I’ve had in Edinburgh since I moved through. 15 min walk along the road to Tynecastle too.

Excellent. Thanks for that.

Archived