Pre-Season Friendly Results

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

Morton have two first team friendlies lined up, away to Forfar this coming Saturday and at home to newly promoted Cardiff on Tuesday 31st.

We also have a bounce game against Motherwell tomorrow, not sure where though!

The Cardiff friendly is an attractive one hope we get a decent crowd. When was the last time a Scottish Championship club had a Premiership club up for a friendly?

Even early cup results mean fuck all let alone pre-season friendlies.  We beat Arbroath 7-0 in July 2016 in the LC  group stage and if it wasn't for some horrific finishing it would've been at least 12 or 13-0.  I think we missed more sitters than we actually scored.   We ended up being utter fucking pish.

Teams with lots of signings take a few months to gel.  Look at ICT last season, and possibly Falkirk this.  I expect them to start slowly then come good in the new year.

22 minutes ago, madton said:

We also have a bounce game against Motherwell tomorrow, not sure where though!

The Cardiff friendly is an attractive one hope we get a decent crowd. When was the last time a Scottish Championship club had a Premiership club up for a friendly?

I’m gutted I will miss the Cardiff game as I’m down in Newcastle to see Iron Maiden that night!

Remember when we were meant to play a Spanish top flight team a few years back, whatever happened to that game? :lol: 

1 hour ago, IainMorton said:

Morton have two first team friendlies lined up, away to Forfar this coming Saturday and at home to newly promoted Cardiff on Tuesday 31st.

Queens Park away on Tuesday (10th) as well.

United play Brechin at the Glebe tomorrow night.  I would have liked to have went as I would have liked to see some of the new faces in action.   Unfortunately it will not be possible but I would expect a decent performance and win.

I have not heard of any more friendlies arranged for United so far either.

28 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Ayr 3-1 Stranraer

Shankland with 2 goals and Forrest with another.

Shankland to score 40 this season and McCall can now stay until the Morton game. 

Seriously - constant arguments with fellow Ayr fans but I reckon Forrest will have another good season scoring 10+ from midfield. 

20 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Shankland to score 40 this season and McCall can now stay until the Morton game. 

Seriously - constant arguments with fellow Ayr fans but I reckon Forrest will have another good season scoring 10+ from midfield. 

playing against youths and trialists tonight didn't look as comfortable in second half with Anderson and Layne coming on.

playing against youths and trialists tonight didn't look as comfortable in second half with Anderson and Layne coming on.

Got to laugh at Stranraer fans getting defensive over losing a friendly. It’s a glorified training session and your fans were treating it as a big derby match whilst throwing flares onto the pitch.

On 02/07/2018 at 13:50, IainMorton said:

I’m gutted I will miss the Cardiff game as I’m down in Newcastle to see Iron Maiden that night!

Remember when we were meant to play a Spanish top flight team a few years back, whatever happened to that game? :lol: 

Real Sociedad? We ended up playing them. 

Nah it was Getafe.

The club did their best impression of a Falkirk fan and shot their load early, announcing the friendly on Twitter before removing the post shortly after and never speaking of it again.

On 7/4/2018 at 07:26, RandomGuy. said:

Are you not thinking of Real Valladolid?  They played Caley Thistle as a well.  It finished 0-0 in what easily was the dullest game I've ever attended.

I see they've just been promoted to La Liga again.  Yep, was a total spunk game as I recall.  Think we then drew 1-1 with Royal Antwerp.

Archived