Darvel Juniors 2018/19

Darvel legend

4 minutes ago, Thereporter said:

You know what I mean, gets me why players want to play for him.

I like George.  I think he is a good manager and his effort and commmitment are phenomenal. Problem with the tank top is that when things go wrong he’s nothing up his sleeve. 

9 minutes ago, Markka said:

I don't like Darvel for several reasons, and the "legend" is a complete bellend, but as a club I can't deny they have improved greatly over the last 5 years.

They are in the midst of a bad run of form but I wouldn't panic too much yet.

Results are not what we would have hoped for so far this season, if we thought we would be in a relegation battle that would be cause for panic but we won’t be. And the “legend” has a lot to do with the improvements the club has made in the last 5 years, I know a lot of people won’t like to hear that but it’s the truth.

Results are not what we would have hoped for so far this season, if we thought we would be in a relegation battle that would be cause for panic but we won’t be. And the “legend” has a lot to do with the improvements the club has made in the last 5 years, I know a lot of people won’t like to hear that but it’s the truth.

You can answer this or not, but in what way has he helped?

I was at a West Region meeting your chairman/backer was at and he talked a lot of sense. Seemed frustrated at having to deal with a lot of the politics. I assumed he was responsible for a lot of the positive changes.

Watched Darvel last week, they won’t be relegated, but they won’t go up, and the cash for their midfield isn’t worth it.

2 minutes ago, Thereporter said:

Watched Darvel last week, they won’t be relegated, but they won’t go up, and the cash for their midfield isn’t worth it.

Results would suggest ur right but the captain who will be out for a few more weeks is becoming a better player by the week , his legs are badly missed as although we have loads of midfielders he’s different to the rest of them as he’s got legs to go up and down the park 

Results would suggest ur right but the captain who will be out for a few more weeks is becoming a better player by the week , his legs are badly missed as although we have loads of midfielders he’s different to the rest of them as he’s got legs to go up and down the park 

The 3 boys last week were on an average of £100 a week, a touch more probably! I don’t care who’s coming back, they’re not worth the that! That money could have been far better spent.

13 minutes ago, Markka said:

You can answer this or not, but in what way has he helped?

I was at a West Region meeting your chairman/backer was at and he talked a lot of sense. Seemed frustrated at having to deal with a lot of the politics. I assumed he was responsible for a lot of the positive changes.

Frustrated with the politics of junior football as a whole I would suggest. No doubt John is responsible for a lot of the changes as was Neil before him. I know for a fact the legend has helped out financially as well. Like the rest of us he wants nothing more than success for the club, yes he is controversial but most of it is wind ups and should be taken with a pinch of salt. He very rarely gets personal which can’t always be said for comments against him. 

I quite like the legends posts if I’m being honest, I get him. He’s passionate about his club and doesn’t give a f**k what other people think. End of the day if you take what he says to heart then back to the kitchen for you sweetheart. I think Darvel will come good. I also hope Whitletts continue playing well to. I like both of them and it fills me with joy both teams don’t like each other 🤣

17 minutes ago, ardeerultra said:

I quite like the legends posts if I’m being honest, I get him. He’s passionate about his club and doesn’t give a f**k what other people think. End of the day if you take what he says to heart then back to the kitchen for you sweetheart. I think Darvel will come good. I also hope Whitletts continue playing well to. I like both of them and it fills me with joy both teams don’t like each other 

The legend is unique in a way , I have been his friend for many years and one thing I can say is he is truely passionate and does not give a single thought what anyone thinks of him . That makes him ok in my books . 

6 minutes ago, Longshanks66 said:

Listen this guy is a total wind up, loves his club, hates every other club, and spouts push constantly, like all others.
But he seems to be that good at it he catches aw the troot emoji476.pngemoji476.png

This thread has over 30000 odd views which is remarkable for a reasonably small junior team 

It took me 3 years of predicting we would win the adl and it might take the same to get it right in the championship and although most of my posts  are a wind up I firmly believed we would go up this season , right now that seems a long way away but I still think we will be there or thereabouts come the end of the season , the title has gone but right now I don’t think 3rd place is mission impossible 

Ah here he comes, the man that kids on to support whitletts, but is at another club. Your a joke

The only joke is you sir. Your obsession with George on every possible thread is quite worrying.

A sad pathetic weirdo, who obviously couldn’t get a game for his team.

23 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

It took me 3 years of predicting we would win the adl and it might take the same to get it right in the championship and although most of my posts  are a wind up I firmly believed we would go up this season , right now that seems a long way away but I still think we will be there or thereabouts come the end of the season , the title has gone but right now I don’t think 3rd place is mission impossible 

Top man DL