Darvel Juniors 2018/19

Darvel legend

32 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Expect a warm welcome
An old fashioned junior ground
And a smashing game of football

It’s a bit unfortunate the game is midweek. We are carrying a good size away support at the moment but that will be depleted I would think by at least half tomorrow myself included. Will the game at parkhead affect the home support?

It’s a bit unfortunate the game is midweek. We are carrying a good size away support at the moment but that will be depleted I would think by at least half tomorrow myself included. Will the game at parkhead affect the home support?

Our own away support was severely depleted on Saturday due to Celtic at home .
On average we are around the 200-300 mark at home and 100+ away but Tbh it will be around the 50-60 on Wednesday due to Celtic playing at home

On 06/08/2018 at 18:06, griffiti on the wall said:

Expect a warm welcome
An old fashioned junior ground
And a smashing game of football

I don’t expect to listen to the pish ur Dj was playing before the game , not needed at a junior game but your team defended well and held on to their lead comfortably while we just huffed and puffed 

I don’t expect to listen to the pish ur Dj was playing before the game , not needed at a junior game but your team defended well and held on to their lead comfortably while we just huffed and puffed 
What pish was that ?
I never got into just before kick off and it was the stone roses then the candy song ?

Just now, griffiti on the wall said:

What pish was that ?
I never got into just before kick off and it was the stone roses then the candy song ?

Rebel songs getting played for a good 20 minutes and no acceptable but I’m more annoyed about how we played and it’s the last I’m going to mention it , you got ur lead and defended it really well and good luck for the season ahead 

3 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:
5 minutes ago, Viewparker said:
That’s not right. I thought St Rochs had more about them than that. 

I can't comment as I genuinely never heard them but very surprised as we usually don't play such music at our games

To be fair your manager came over before the game and apologised.

8 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:
10 minutes ago, Viewparker said:
That’s not right. I thought St Rochs had more about them than that. 

I can't comment as I genuinely never heard them but very surprised as we usually don't play such music at our games

I didn’t hear it myself but quite a few of our fans commented on it.  As a Garngad man myself I am a bit embarrassed after telling some of our support before the game all the great things you guys do in the community. 

Edited by Viewparker

I didn’t hear it myself but quite a few of our fans commented on it.  As a Garngad man myself I am a bit embarrassed after telling some of our support before the game all the great things you guys do in the community. 
Like I said m8 I never heard it and was surprised when it was mentioned on here
That's why I asked what pish ?
But it happened the gaffer apologised and hopefully we move on and lesson learned.

Rebel songs getting played for a good 20 minutes and no acceptable but I’m more annoyed about how we played and it’s the last I’m going to mention it , you got ur lead and defended it really well and good luck for the season ahead 

Shocking. Get the Loyalist tunes played in the rematch later on in the year. [emoji12][emoji636]

47 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Missed a penalty and huffed and puffed and st rochs defended really deep and well so fair play to them 

Not the best start but a lot of games still to play, I’m sure yous will start picking up the points soon.

It was not rebel songs that were played - a couple of songs like Feilds of Athenray which had been requested but sometimes those songs rile people up the wrong way so it won't happen again - defo not offensive songs but the big man understands that they may be taken as provocative 

Darvel battered us tonight - we had some decent chances first half but we're pegged back on second half 

A good win for us - the Darvel lads were brand new 

10 minutes ago, iPhone said:

Not the best start but a lot of games still to play, I’m sure yous will start picking up the points soon.

Aye I’m sure we will but that’s us 5 points behind Rutherglen n Cumbernauld already and no disrespect to the 2 teams we have played but we have far better players than them and I was expecting 6 points , one is a poor return and no worth trying to dress it up any other way 

12 minutes ago, 21stcenturyboy said:

It was not rebel songs that were played - a couple of songs like Feilds of Athenray which had been requested but sometimes those songs rile people up the wrong way so it won't happen again - defo not offensive songs but the big man understands that they may be taken as provocative 

Darvel battered us tonight - we had some decent chances first half but we're pegged back on second half 

A good win for us - the Darvel lads were brand new 

Why ur gaffer apologise then mate ? It should not be happening at junior football , bad enough beating us without me having to listen to that nonsense